Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943» Forums » General

Subject: So rules rules rules -Bear vs Steel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I see the rules are mostly compatable between the previous COH game and this one. And there will be a document with the differences stated.

1. With the new rules and extra document i won't need the old rules, right?

2. Will all the unit chits, markers, cards in COH:AtB be valid (i.e. I won't need to remember that when using the old units I have to add a number or something like that will I?)

3. If it is all compatable will I be able to mix and match units / cards / boards from eithe game? Better yet and more simply put I can combine the two games in one baox and ditch the old rulebook?

(and combine the boards to make a bigger game!??!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
So I see the rules are mostly compatable between the previous COH game and this one. And there will be a document with the differences stated.

1. With the new rules and extra document i won't need the old rules, right?


Correct. If you do find something missing, let us know and we'll update the document.

Quote:

2. Will all the unit chits, markers, cards in COH:AtB be valid (i.e. I won't need to remember that when using the old units I have to add a number or something like that will I?)


The AtB units do not always have both a red or blue attack. The document explains what to do when firing at a unit with a different coloured defense than your attack. Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues with the counters being different.

Quote:

3. If it is all compatable will I be able to mix and match units / cards / boards from eithe game? Better yet and more simply put I can combine the two games in one baox and ditch the old rulebook?

(and combine the boards to make a bigger game!??!)


You can DEFINITELY combine the boards. I would say with the new rules and "the document" (we need a better name for it) you can toss out the old AtB rules. All of the cards from AtB are in SoS and then some, so no need for the old cards. The cards have different backs so they can't be mixed and matched, but there's no need for them to be. You could certainly mix the counters, although in some cases it might not be very historically accurate to do so! But yes, the modules are designed to be very intermixable!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael kneis

New York
msg tools
are the rules posted?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL Meseguer
Spain
flag msg tools
Even though the back of the cards are different, if you really want to combine them, you could always use sleeves for the cards (I use the ones sold for games like Magic, as they are also good for protecting the cards).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy of the rules from Uwe, and according to him they are practically complete.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We posted the rules on our website yesterday and will post the summary sheet shortly.

Pre-orders are awaiting the bound firefight book, which will be 20 pages long and printed on the same 100 lb paper that the rulebook was printed on. It is gorgeous. Sorry for this delay. We could have shipped the firefights on separate loose sheets, but decided that the delay was well worth it.
Thanks for your patience. Only 2 more weeks and we ship.
Uwe
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We posted the rules on our website yesterday and will post the summary sheet shortly.

Pre-orders are awaiting the bound firefight book, which will be 20 pages long and printed on the same 100 lb paper that the rulebook was printed on. It is gorgeous. Sorry for this delay. We could have shipped the firefights on separate loose sheets, but decided that the delay was well worth it. :)
Thanks for your patience. Only 2 more weeks and we ship.
Uwe


Thanks for the update!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.