Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often times find myself in Oakland, CA on weekends staying with the in-laws. The wife gets to visit friends and family. The kids get to play with grandma and grandpa. I, however, don't get to have as much fun. I am wondering if there are any board game groups that meet in Oakland or Berkeley on Saturdays. If you wouldn't mind an extra player now and then, I'd love to come over and play with your group! I tried finding meetups for the area, but all of them seem to meet on weeknights. Help out a fellow gamer!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Berkeley group has started a periodic Saturday wargame session, though their definition of wargame seems to be very broad...:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44840

Doesn't Endgame have a Saturday thing from time to time? They do a weekend day once a month or so, but I forget whether it's Saturday or Sunday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Endgame's Site: http://endgameoakland.com/

They do an all day event on the last Saturday of the month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Endgame hosts last Saturday of the month.

I play 18xx up in Layfayette occasional Sunday afternoons and even more occasional Saturdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Endgame hosts last Saturday of the month.

I play 18xx up in Layfayette occasional Sunday afternoons and even more occasional Saturdays.

Endgame is a great place. Last Saturday of the month takes care of one weekend. I'm not a war gamer, so I can't meet with the wargamer group as I wouldn't know what I was doing. Any other groups that meet on Saturdays in the area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
The Berkeley group has started a periodic Saturday wargame session, though their definition of wargame seems to be very broad...:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44840

Yes, check out www.berkeleyboardgamers.com. If there's a Saturday event, it's usually posted 1 week beforehand.

It is broad. It's more 2-player games than wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Strecker
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest posting on the berkeleyboardgamers.com site about meeting up for Saturday games. It's a laid back group and you'd probably get as many people as you desired for a Saturday game. You can almost always utilize Eudemonia for play space as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I'll take your advice and try to set stuff up ahead of time next time I have the opportunity and come in town. Hopefully I can meet some of you in the near future!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Berkeley and would love to meet up with people for some games on Saturdays. I'll keep an eye out for postings!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We're currently noodling setting up a game of 1844 this coming Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Metal wrote:
I'm in Berkeley and would love to meet up with people for some games on Saturdays. I'll keep an eye out for postings!

Hey all. I'm in town for 4 days this week for Thanksgiving. I'm going to show up at EndGame this weekend (Sat) for the first time. I hope to see some of you there! Thanks for all the advice!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.