Subject: how to roll dice correctly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Weinel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
hey there everybody,
i have a question concerning how to roll dice. there are two different possibilities which are quite different and would change the game mechanics drastically.
my friends and I use to roll up to seven dice (depending on the number of units which participate in combat) and every dice (whether hit or not) can be assigned to every unit (for example: if there are one inf and one tank on the attackerĀ“s side and you roll a 1 and 2 the attacker has 2 hits).
the other method is to roll dice for every unit type seperately like you have to do in axis & allies: d-day. with this method the same dice result will cause possibly only one hit if you roll a 2 with the inf and a 1 with the tank.
I hope there are some guys with enough game experience to give me some certainty.
thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't roll all your dice for all your units at once and then choose which result for which unit. According to the rules:

Roll one die for each attacking unit with an attack value. Roll for units with the same
attack value at the same time. For example, roll all units with an attack value of '3' at
the same time.
An attacking unit scores a hit if you roll its attack value or less

Rulebook available on line:

http://www.wizards.com/%5CAvalonHill%5Crules%5CAxAl-AnEd_Rul...

Relevant bit is on page p18 (general combat)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Or do what I did and go get a bunch of different colored dice to represent each "hit value." So you can roll them all at one if you want and all the greens hit on 3 or less, all blues on 4 or less, or whatever you want to assign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicey Llama
United States
California
flag msg tools
Good idea. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.