Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this feature exists and I haven't found it yet:

The idea is to create a better Similarly Rated feature that includes multiple games as search criteria. For example, I may want to find out which games are the most highly rated by users who rated Stone Age 9-10 but also rated Agricola 5-7.

This must exist somewhere, because it would be so obviously useful. If somebody could point me to it, it would be appreciated. If it doesn't exist yet, why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried the user correlation found here:

http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/bgg/correlation.php

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Have you tried the user correlation found here:

http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/bgg/correlation.php

?

This tool looks interesting. Thanks for pointing me to that.

Edit: I've used this tool a bit now, and it seems like its purpose is best served when coupled with the Geekbuddy ratings system.

However, for me the feature I suggested would be much more useful. Even if I find several users with a high ratings correlation to mine and see which games they rate the highest as a group, I might not actually be looking for this type of data based on my own ratings. Also even if a user has a high correlation with me, they might have rated my favourite game a 1. I might not want to include them if I'm looking for custom recommended games that are similar to my favourite.

The feature I've proposed would allow for custom game recommendations based on whatever criteria you want. Mechanics and subdomains could even be brought into the equation:

What is the highest rated worker placement game by users who rated game A between X and Y and game B between M and N.....?

What is the highest rated wargame by users who rated.....?

If I like Game A and Game B, but not Game C, which other games would I like the most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Blood Money
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I too wish there was a better "Better Similarly Rated" feature. The one currently in place isn't good at all.

The site mentioned on A little game recommendation app (94% accurate) (rev. C) is even worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.