Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hy,
i made myself a "initiative-deck" meaning a deck for wargames were everyone just writes down a card on his Mecha/tank or whatever recordsheet, and when that said card comes up he can move his unit. I made it with artscow using 3 colors for suits of numbers 1-18 only. No symbols or text on the card other than the numbers in glowing colors (red, orange and yellow). Now i would like to know if there are games out there that i can play with this deck to have some kind of double-use!
Thanks in advance
Flashhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It sounds like you could invent a dice game around it.

Let's see ... shuffle the deck and turn four cards face up. Players now roll three dice, and (going from highest to lowest roll) each can pick a card if he can make the value of that card by the total of one, two or all three dice.

For instance, you roll 2,4,5. You can now take a card with value 2, 4, 5, 6 (=2+4), 7 (=2+5), 9 (=4+5) or 11 (the sum of all dice), if such a card is present.

When a card is taken, replace it immediately.
You get three extra dice if you show three cards of different suits but of the same value (from the cards you won). Discard these cards. Put the dice next to you; you can always use one to roll along with the three dice you have. When you do, that extra die is spent.

In the end, the player who has the longest row of consecutive cards in the same suit, wins. In case of ties, the row with the highest value wins.

So if, in the end, Harry gets 11 to 16 of Red, Bart 12 to 17 of Blue and Olga 13 to 18 of Yellow, Bart wins. Olga has the highest card, but row is only five cards long. Harry and Bart have rows of six consecutive cards, and Bart's row has a higher value.

As a variant, you could consider to put three cards away unseen after having shuffled the deck. That makes it a bit more risky to gamble on a long suit.

No idea if it is fun. Try it out, and refine or change rules wherever you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man, will try 'em as soon as i get the cards shipped
Fh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
With minor adaptation, you could try Hattrick and Where's Bob's Hat?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.