BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Die Macher - 2nd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is still in shrink, and comes with the English rules (outside the box - perhaps a player aid that was printed and sent to me).

This is (I believe) the 2nd edition (the representative picture edition) and not the newer Valley Games edition.

I can't see myself playing this game anymore, so I'm wondering what a fair price would be for it? The prices in the marketplace seem to have 3 kinds of boxes (a blue box edition by Mosquito, if I can figure it out, the 2nd edition by Hans im Gluck (?) and the 3rd edition by Valley Games).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Skywalker wrote:
This is still in shrink, and comes with the English rules (outside the box - perhaps a player aid that was printed and sent to me).

This is (I believe) the 2nd edition (the representative picture edition) and not the newer Valley Games edition.

I can't see myself playing this game anymore, so I'm wondering what a fair price would be for it? The prices in the marketplace seem to have 3 kinds of boxes (a blue box edition by Mosquito, if I can figure it out, the 2nd edition by Hans im Gluck (?) and the 3rd edition by Valley Games).

Thanks in advance!

There is a ton of Vally games versions on Ebay at 33-40 dollars. The version you have is the 2nd ed. and is (IMO) far nicer than the Valley version. If someone is truely looking for the game to play, your version is the one they HAVE to have.

If you are looking to sell it, I'd personally price it at $80. It probably won't sell immediately, but people who have this copy tend not to sell this copy. I'm hoping someone chimes in and gives another opinion, as I hope my number isn't too low and you get burnt.

I think the blue edition is the first and is a collector's item in it's own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prior to the VG reprint, the 2nd edition was regularly going for $70-80 new. It dropped considerably with the reprint to $35-40, but I think interest in it has climbed steadily over the last couple of years as it seems players tend to shy away from the VG edition (primarily due to the graphic design it seems).

I'm not sure what it goes for nowadays, but I wouldn't part with my copy for less than $70, and it has been played a handful of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys...!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.