Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I'm walking from the bus stop into the building where I work, and just outside my building, I feel a sharp pain in my ankle. My socks will occasionally pull on an ankle hair for such a pain, and it usually doesn't last more than a second or two. But after a few steps it was getting more and more intense. Finally, I look down to adjust my sock and I see this big black bug on my sock. I managed to brush it off without making TOO much of an outcry (I HATE bugs, and it was REALLY starting to hurt), but my ankle still hurt.

I limp into the building and sit down at my desk, take off my shoe and sock, and fortunately don't see a stinger or anything. I still have no idea what the bug was (it may have been a wasp or something), but man, it freaking HURT! It STILL hurts. I'm not sure exactly what it did to me, but there is a small open "sore" where it bit/stung me.

I don't even know what I *DID* to upset the bug.

Ouch! You know, Mr. Bug, you aren't helping me not hate bugs by doing that you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the bug offered an apology? She recently told me she wasn't trying to hurt you, just get your attention - and she didn't know how to get you to notice her...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb

The invasion has begun. Hug your children. There's not much time left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Do not be alarmed. You've been chosen as emissary to the insect world. Soon, you'll find yourself growing a rather dashing carapace and antennae. Though the general populace may find your new visage terrifying, in time you'll become spokesperson for insects everywhere. You alone will understand both worlds. You alone will be able to negotiate peace terms between the humans and the insects. This is a great honor!

We wish you better luck than your predecessor:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A big horrible bug fell on my face the other day as I was settling in for a nice bath (I am a woman you know, a nice bath is a great way to spend an evening) and bit me on the face and it was awful. I saved it in a cup of water and have been planning on posting a picture on here for identification.

(Note: When I describe the bug, people say I should "look it up on the internet." Have you done a google search for "whitish bug the size of an earwig with a million fucking little legs and long antennae and ew?")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, I just tried that exact search and it was not very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure it wasn't a spider?

If you aren't sure, I would seek medical attention. If it was, say, a brown recluse, you might want to go quickly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't a spider?

If you aren't sure, I would seek medical attention. If it was, say, a brown recluse, you might want to go quickly...

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a spider, at least not a Black Widow or Brown Recluse, because the legs weren't nearly prominent enough. (and it didn't seem to have a "spider" shape.

Three hours later, though, my ankle still hurts quite a bit. It hasn't started swelling at all, and there's only a little redness around it. I am probably going to get some Benedryl and Tylenol.

I've never been stung by a bee or wasp or anything before, but from how I've heard it described by those who have, I'm guessing that's what it is (especially since the "mark" looks more like a single-puncture than a double-puncture from a bite).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
A big horrible bug fell on my face the other day as I was settling in for a nice bath (I am a woman you know, a nice bath is a great way to spend an evening) and bit me on the face and it was awful. I saved it in a cup of water and have been planning on posting a picture on here for identification.

(Note: When I describe the bug, people say I should "look it up on the internet." Have you done a google search for "whitish bug the size of an earwig with a million fucking little legs and long antennae and ew?")

Silverfish (they sting) or a house centipede sound like what you described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it less as a bug, and more as a feature.

I thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ludocrazy wrote:
zorazen wrote:

Silverfish (they sting) or a house centipede sound like what you described.

Definitely not a silverfish. I'll try and post a thread about it when I remember to take a picture of this thing. It's sitting in a plastic cup of water in my bathroom.

DEAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Think of it less as a bug, and more as a feature.

I thank you.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did it look like this?

http://bugguide.net/node/view/74226/bgimage

They're typically harmless to people, but with all those legs, the buggy creep out level when they crawl across you is right off the scale.yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Gecko23 wrote:
Did it look like this?

They're typically harmless to people, but with all those legs, the buggy creep out level when they crawl across you is right off the scale.yuk

GAH THAT'S THE THING THAT ATE MY FACE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Gecko23 wrote:
Did it look like this?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

and OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I hate hate hate bugs!!! I have seen those around but not on my face fortunately. I think I would have been pretty shaken up if that were to happen to me. Do those bugs have to look so creppy with all those legs? What do they need all thsoe legs for? Why can't they look like puppies? sigh.........If it was me, i would be like screaming on the top of my lungs for my husband and then repeat "KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!!!!!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugs that come into my house, and annoy me, tend to get introduced to this.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:
Bugs that come into my house, and annoy me, tend get introduced to this.

devil

Is that the giant novelty shaped condom plant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mbourgeois wrote:
Banichi wrote:

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Banichi wrote:

devil

laughlaughlaugh

I'm going to chuckle whenever I water it, or toss it its next meal, now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:

devil

Oh awesome pitcher plant!! I grew one of those slightly bigger than that; it lasted about 12 years then up and died. I got it from Home Depot, of all places. They were selling Venus FlyTraps and this was somehow accidentally included in their shipment. They only had one, so I grabbed it for 50 cents. A. Total. Steal. Yep, those Nepenthes are GREAT plants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
[Oh awesome pitcher plant!! I grew one of those slightly bigger than that; it lasted about 12 years then up and died. I got it from Home Depot, of all places. They were selling Venus FlyTraps and this was somehow accidentally included in their shipment. They only had one, so I grabbed it for 50 cents. A. Total. Steal. Yep, those Nepenthes are GREAT plants!

Yes, Nepenthes are great plants

This photo was taken when it was young, a bit over a year ago, so it is bigger now, and has much bigger traps. I have one other that has dark crimson traps, that looks very cool. I should really put some recent pics of both in my gallery.

I used a pic of one of the shown traps for a microbadge

But alas, no takers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Gecko23 wrote:
Did it look like this?

Yep, the good ole common house centipede. You rarely see them except when it's been really rainy or in the bathroom, usually in the tub or a sink. Try not to kill them, unless you're seeing them frequently. They kill the bad bugs.

On the other hand ... EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.