Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Small World Race:
ZOMBIES (base tokens 4 / max tokens 13): For each non-empty region you conquer take immediatelly one new Zombie token from the tray. When in decline, other races need one more additional token to conquer declined Zombie regions.

Special Power:
COPYCAT (4 tokens): Once per turn you can select another race's Special Power that is adjacent to one of your regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't Zombies just better skeletons?

Also with the Copycat:
a) are you talking about the race power (i.e. "elf", the added power (i.e. "seafaring") or both?

Also, it works strangely or not at all for a number of powers and races: Elf, Seafaring, Trolls, Bivoiacing, Ghouls, Spirit, etc. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Aren't Zombies just better skeletons?

Much better
I just made two two-player games and my oponent grabbed the Zombies in both plays. First with "Commando" and afterwards with "Berserk".
Way too powerful. We had to rebuild the entire character and now we play it like this:
Base Tokens 4: In every assault, Zombie tokens are reduced to halve rounded up. (example: in a 5 defense points region, you'll need 3 zombie tokens). When in decline they will still have the plus one defense value.
And we added a new feature to balance them more. When any other creature attacks zombies, they ALL die (example: in a forest you have two Zombie tokens, defense equal to 4, when occupied both Zombie tokens are discarded to the tray).

cferejohn wrote:
Also with the Copycat:
a) are you talking about the race power (i.e. "elf", the added power (i.e. "seafaring") or both?

Also, it works strangely or not at all for a number of powers and races: Elf, Seafaring, Trolls, Bivoiacing, Ghouls, Spirit, etc. etc.

The Copycat power can only be used to copy the added special power, of any one creature that currently neighbours them.
It can be used, for example, in one turn to copy "Seafaring" and in the next turn to choose "Merchant", as long as the owners of these powers are adjacent to yours and you not pick more than one per turn.

In a two-player game it's not so interesting, but with more players it becomes a very interesting power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
fs1973 wrote:
We had to rebuild the entire character and now we play it like this:
Base Tokens 4: In every assault, Zombie tokens are reduced to halve rounded up. (example: in a 5 defense points region, you'll need 3 zombie tokens). When in decline they will still have the plus one defense value.

I am completely confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
jsciv wrote:

I am completely confused.

ZOMBIES (base tokens: 4) - When Zombies attack they only need half the tokens necessary to conquer any non-empty region (rounded up). For example, in a empty forest, two Zombie tokens are necessary to conquer it (because it's a empty region); In a mountain with 2 Tritons, for example, one will only need 3 Zombie tokens, instead of 5.
On the other side, when Zombies are the target and they loose a region, ALL Zombie tokens are lost.
Finally, when they decline, they earn a defense bonus of one. So each declined Zombie token will have a defense value of 5 in the mountains, and of 4 in every other type of region.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Costa

One idea that I had was... since you have zombies you should only get one additional token if on token was really dead (I'm talking about your initial idea).

So when you attack an area with 2 opponent tokens, one is dead, so you would convert it to Zombie.

When attacking elfs you would get none.

If you attacked an area with 3 opponent tokens you would get 2... and so on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I have thought of that also, but it's way too powerful.
The new ideia is sort of the same thing, but instead of giving you more tokens it makes Zombies less expensive. I'm gonna to playtest these guys today, i'll let you know the results.

Also, i created a new combo that seems to me very cool.
I call it "GAMBLING": in the end of your turn you get to roll the die and you get in gold the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fs1973 wrote:

Also, i created a new combo that seems to me very cool.
I call it "GAMBLING": in the end of your turn you get to roll the die and you get in gold the result.

Random, but on average not as good as Alchemist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Warner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Brand new to this forum but I love Small World. Anyhow I tried to think about a way to preserve your theme Zombies while trying to slightly change the mechanic so it was distinct from Skeletons and more reasonable in power.

What I came up with was:
While Zombies are active at the end of your turn choose a region adjacent to zombies and kill one race token in that region.

My inclination would be to keep it as both an active and in decline ability cause well they are zombies. However, I also like the idea of abilities available in decline being special.

Eating their neighbors feels very zombie-ish to me and it is eloquently short (admittedly if you only play with fellow geeks longer rules may not pose any obstacles). Similarly removing nearby race tokens is nearly as good as getting extra ones (you could get more in the extreme long term, as you wouldn't be restricted by total tokens available but you would reach an equilibrium point between not expanding and controlling others expansion).

Just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.