Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill D.
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a place where I could grab this game for about $51 brand new, shipped. I've read all the reviews and about half the rules and in theory it sounds like a game fit for me. It has a lot of traits I look for. However, I want to know how well the game actually plays out. One huge thing I noticed in the rules is the large amount of bulleting. It seems as this game has many tiny details to keep track of making sure that your playing it right requires reading the rulebook every other minute.

I just wanted to hear from someone who could talk a little more in depth on the gameplay itself. I know Magic:The Gathering has some intense rules but I find the game can be played easily and casually. I'm hoping its the same for this too. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you saw my review of the game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/114320

I cover the gameplay and overall game experience. It is a great game and I would highly recommended it. I don't remember the rules being that complicated or difficult. And I didn't really feel like I had to reference the manual too much when we started. I highly recommend the game it is a blast to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
argonauta
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I donĀ“t think it has a lot of rules you have to review during the gameplay. I'd say Magic Realm is a game with a lot of tiny details impossible to remember but I don't think it's the same with Quest for Dragonlords.

I'd say it's a great game combining adventure, fantasy and armies strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill D.
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for your inputs and the nice review. I was curious...about how long does it take for say four new people, and 4 semi-experienced people (say 2~3+ games). Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knight508 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for your inputs and the nice review. I was curious...about how long does it take for say four new people, and 4 semi-experienced people (say 2~3+ games). Thanks.

It has been a while since I last played the game, which reminds me that I need to bust this out at a game night some time soon, but if memory serves me it took about 2 hours with experience and I would say 2-4 with new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this game in my collection a few years but haven't gotten it to the table. I was re-reading the rules the other night and it really does look pretty cool. Would you start with the short game first with 4 players new to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I've had this game in my collection a few years but haven't gotten it to the table. I was re-reading the rules the other night and it really does look pretty cool. Would you start with the short game first with 4 players new to the game?

Doesn't hurt to start with the short game but I prefer to play full games since that is where games are the most balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knight508 wrote:
I found a place where I could grab this game for about $51 brand new, shipped. I've read all the reviews and about half the rules and in theory it sounds like a game fit for me. It has a lot of traits I look for. However, I want to know how well the game actually plays out. One huge thing I noticed in the rules is the large amount of bulleting. It seems as this game has many tiny details to keep track of making sure that your playing it right requires reading the rulebook every other minute.

I just wanted to hear from someone who could talk a little more in depth on the gameplay itself. I know Magic:The Gathering has some intense rules but I find the game can be played easily and casually. I'm hoping its the same for this too. Thanks.

Moot point. They don't actually have any in-stock. I got a refund today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're not missing anything. I found the game clunky with way too many king maker events that pretty much end the game once they happen. We played it once and I sold it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.