Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Cowen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
hey there ~

We're a couple of gaming geeks who just moved to West Seattle. We love it here, but we're noticing that all this extra space we just bought so that we can invite friends over for boardgames/etc is depressingly empty...

We're two easy going mid-30s gamers living in West Seattle and we'd like to meet new folks who are interested in getting together for boardgames and whatnot. I'm originally from Alaska and he's originally from Chicago, so all our gaming buds are miles away. Time to make some new friends!

Drop me a line if you're interested in gaming sometime.

gaming style: most any games, though we tend towards the slightly more complex over the overly-simple games. We don't like hardcore competitive gaming, for us its about laughing and being social. A funny joke with a loss is better than a mean-spirited win anyday of the week.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers ~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Appel
United States
Fairchild AFB
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh* Wish I lived closer. I'm living on Nellis AFB in NV and there are no gamers close enough for me to get to. Guess I really should get my truck fixed...

Anyway, good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fulwiler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Burien, about 10 - 15 mins from West Seattle. I have an "unusual" work schedule, but I'm usually always up for gaming when I'm available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every Sunday I go down (it would be up for you) to Third Place Books on Lake City Way and play mostly Euro games from 1:00 - 7:00. I think the smallest crowd I've seen there was 4 people on any given Sunday.

Something to consider if you're having a hard time finding or creating a group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How wonderful! A friend and I are about to move from Little Rock, Arkansas to probably Ballard this month. We're trying to find new contacts, and we're also pretty easy going but like a little complexity. You up for a game this month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lived in Cabot for about six months, what brings you up this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're a bit tired of the scenery here. Hear it's beautiful up there, and I myself have just gotten done with college and looking for an adventure.

We're looking at a place in Ballard that seems not too far off walking to the GamesWorkshop and Gary's Games. Exciting stuff coming from a place where the closest Hobbystore is about 40 minutes drive away.

By the way, while I have you, how is the employment situation up there? We won't be picky when we get up there, but we really need to score some jobs pretty quick so our coffers don't dry up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkansas is far from an ugly state, but you'll love it up here. I've driven to and from Arkansas to here and I there's really not many places that rival the northwest in terms of natural beauty.

The job situation is worse than it is in Arkansas, but depends on the field. Definately work on leads if you can before you get here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully 30 hours of minimum-wage part-time work won't be too hard to find.

Anyways, what games do you play lately? If you are into Euros, you HAVE to try Imperial sometime. I got my Risk friends hooked on it, and let me tell you, that's an achievement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're moving to Ballard, you won't be far from the Sunday group I mentioned above. I'm sure there are plenty of Seattle groups as well, but I don't know of them personally.

I've played Imperial before and was a study in how "not" to play the U.K. But a good time was had, at least by me, not sure the other players enjoyed my shananigans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This Sunday group doesn't JUST play Euros does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blakeley
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Blue Highway Games up on Queen Anne, which has game nights every Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11pm and monthly game tournaments. Last month was Race for the Galaxy, no idea what they'll be up to this month.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RabbitMan wrote:
This Sunday group doesn't JUST play Euros does it?

Not "just" euros, but with a heavy emphasis on them. I tend to crave lighter "theme" games that don't get played much there, but if more people were showing up with different tastes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Yu
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
I've been hiding under a rock lately, but have to say the Sunday group in Lake Forest plays more than just Euros but it is pretty heavily Euro slanted. I doubt we'll be seeing any 18xx games there anytime soon, but there are occasional older classics pulled out and some random dexterity games as well. I will definitely be bringing Imperial again this weekend though to see round 2 of British self humiliation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And...I'm here! See you guys soon(library time is out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome. As you've probably already gathered, fall has hit like a brick. Welcome to the NW. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's a bit colder than I'm used to. I fear my one sweater and jacket may not be enough. :O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I live in West Seattle. You live in West Seattle. I like Board games. You like board games. We should totally hang out. Contact me some time. It'll be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up in Lake City, but I'd always be down for a game. I have a few that I am collecting with no one to play with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm south of you guys but I might make the drive at some point. Let me know if a group is pulling together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm going to be living in some apartment building on "8500-16th Ave. NW", west of downtown Greenwood, across the street from a Safeway and Walgreen's and behind a sushi place. Which isn't too far from Gary's Games. The only games I've got with me now are Paths of Glory, Napoleon's Triumph,Friedrich, The Napoleonic Wars, and Imperial, which while limited supports a varied amount of players. I wouldn't be opposed to having some folks over to play boardgames on a regular basis, and since our apartment won't be furnished well for a long time we could leave a game out if we needed to continue it later.

If we did get together, what would you guys want to play? (Not necessarily of my games)

And by the way....where exactly IS West Seattle?

EDIT: Nevermind about keeping the games out; it seems all of you guys are Eurogamers. Why doesn't anyone play Axis and Allies anymore!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you're settled and venturing out more, I'm sure you and I would enjoy many of the same games. Lately I've been really into Last Night on Earth and Carcassonne. I'll be picking up Wings of War tomorrow, which to me is the epitome of a "fun" game. I don't have a lot of experience with A&A type games, but I've always loved Risk and wouldn't be opposed to playing more of the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to make it to the Sunday group this week. My PC harddrive had a case of the epic fail a couple days ago, and so I had to walk to the Office Depot way out there, so heading over there on foot shouldn't be too much of a burden. Looking forward to seeing you there Shane! Maybe we can play a bit of Wings of War, I used to own it and I do a mean Red Baron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I can see the looks on the faces of the other gamers there if Wings of War gets tabled. Fine by me! Actually, there may be one or two others who would be interested in playing it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke down and bought Conflict of Heroes last night so there is that too. Do you just have (or will you just have) the vanilla Wings of War or any of the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.