Subject: Dominion Cards I made up !!! Post yours in this thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Calhoun
msg tools
Recycling
COST: 4
ACTION

Trash up to 2 cards from your hand, +2 coin for each card trashed in this way.

Deal with the Devil
COST: 6
ACTION

Gain a curse and a card costing up to 6.

Coin of Reflection
COST: 2
ACTION - REACTION - TREASURE

Worth 1 Coin
When played as a reaction, your opponent suffers the consequences of their attack as well.

Traitor
COST: 5

+2 Action
+2 Card
Each other player draws a card

After playing traitor, place it in the discard pile of the player to your left.

Mayor of the Village
COST: 4
ACTION

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy

If you have played five or more actions this turn counting this one, +3 coin.

Time Twister
ACTION-ATTACK

Each player, including you, discards their hands, shuffles their discard pile into their decks, and draws five cards.

Yawgmoth's Will
ACTION

For the rest of the turn, you may play action cards from your discard pile as if they were in your hand. At the end of your turn, trash any action cards played in this way.

Leprechaun
ACTION

Trash this card and gain a card from a deck that is not currently on the board.

7/8ths of a Province
COST: 7
VICTORY

Worth 5.25 victory points

Con Artist
COST: 5
ACTION - ATTACK

Each opponent reveals their hand, if they have no money cards then there is no effect. Choose and trash one money card from each revealed hand. Each player who gets a money card trashed in this way gains a number of copper equal to the coin value of the trashed card.

thats all for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
calhoun137 wrote:

Yawgmoth's Will
ACTION

For the rest of the turn, you may play action cards from your discard pile as if they were in your hand. At the end of your turn, trash any action cards played in this way.

Great when combined with things like:
Dark Ritual
Cost: 1
+3$
Put Dark Ritual in your Discard Pile

Lions Eye Diamond
Cost: 0
+3$
Discard your hand

and of course:

Tendrils of Agony
Cost: 4
Attack
You gain 2 points and target player loses 2 points.
Copy Tendrils of Agony for every Action played so far this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite, which I came up with over a year ago, actually playtested a bit with a handmade copy:

SORCERER

Cost: 7

Multi-Purpose Card: Green (VP)/White (Action)/Yellow (Treasure)

If used as Action, can't be used as Treasure and vice-versa:

Worth 2 VP at end of Game
Worth 2 Treasure if used as Treasure
If used as Action, it duplicates any Action Card in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post these in Variants forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Louie
msg tools
mb
You've got a lot of interesting cards. I'll probably make playtest versions for many of them with better names.

Traitor looks too expensive. I'd cost it at 3.

I like the Conspirator action on the Mayor, but don't think villages have mayors. I think they have elders.

As noted by Alex, some of your cards aren't so original. I'm not sure why you'd want to Time Twister, especially when there's Minion. Yawgmoth's Will looks very situation and for that reason looks totally over-priced. Cellar covers almost 50% of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Leung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yawgmoth's Will
ACTION

This card is not possible. The rule stated that you cannot look through your discard pile.
Even if you reword to "play the top card of discard piles", it introduces a new but inconvenient burden of choosing your discard order every clean up phase.

Recycling is absolutely underpriced
Trading post let you trash 2 cards and put 1 silver in your hand.
Burst spendings is quite powerful than long term investment (not to mention Silver is not great long term) And your card cost 1 coin less and does not force people to trash exactly 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Louie
msg tools
mb
theatog wrote:
This card is not possible. The rule stated that you cannot look through your discard pile.
Even if you reword to "play the top card of discard piles", it introduces a new but inconvenient burden of choosing your discard order every clean up phase.

I think you're being overly orthodox again. The rules in the book stand until a card breaks one (or more). +2 action is not in the rules, but it's fine on a card. The Will card doesn't require an order one way or another. Are you concerned about it affecting cards like your Graveyard and my Rewind? If so, add a "shuffle your discard pile" line. The main thing I see is that this card would only be useful about 25% of the time when a) there are cards in my discard and b) when there's so kickin' action that got burned. High probability I'd never want to buy it.

In Magic, you've got time to sit around and try to gather up combos. In this game, you've got 10-20 tries to get your combo on and then game over.

theatog wrote:
Recycling is absolutely underpriced
Trading post let you trash 2 cards and put 1 silver in your hand.

I disagree. The best case scenario, Recycling does a Baron and a Steward. Worst case, it does nothing which comes up more and more after the game's midpoint unless you're getting unwanted cards for a Gardens or Witch type game. The worst case actually suggests to me that it's underpowered seeing as that happens a lot if you're playing well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Based on one game I played in the other night (where someone kept doing this :-) ), we came up with this idea:

The Gift Horse:

+ 1 action
4 treasure cost

Discard any unplayed card from your hand into another player's discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about a card called refurbished it would let you take 2 card from the trash pile and place them into your hand. I'm not sure how it would word with feast though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Louie
msg tools
mb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:

The Gift Horse:

+ 1 action
4 treasure cost

Discard any unplayed card from your hand into another player's discard pile.

It's a neat idea, but it's too much of a direct attack. theatog's Town Cryer is better in that it's indirect and faster.

Dalek5 wrote:
I thought about a card called refurbished it would let you take 2 card from the trash pile and place them into your hand. I'm not sure how it would word with feast though.

It's not a bad idea, but your version needs a lot of work. I like spiel's Scholar better with the fix I proposed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Leung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
masonlouie wrote:

I disagree. The best case scenario, Recycling does a Baron and a Steward. Worst case, it does nothing which comes up more and more after the game's midpoint unless you're getting unwanted cards for a Gardens or Witch type game. The worst case actually suggests to me that it's underpowered seeing as that happens a lot if you're playing well.

I think i just made my case. You are doing what a 4-cost card and a 3-cost card doing altogether at cost of 4. Doing a better job than Trading Post which is costing 5. More versatile than Trading Post while it could be done with trashing just 1 card. Skipping the "transitional" Silver and potentially bring you right to the Gold.

Again. Overpowered, underpriced.

Oh and hey, btw: Trading post is absolutely useless after mid game too. Even more useless than Recycling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.