Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Spalk
Denmark
Århus
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first game last night, and it went really well, The Sauron player (myself) won after a tight race, where both sides hit the finish line at the same time, but I had completed my mission, whereas the Heroes hadn't (they had 2 corruption cards instead of max. 1).

The rulebook is very well written in my opinion and is very readable, but we did encounter a single (very small) issue along the way:

Thalin received a Peril card saying something like "Choose to either lose 2 Favor or let Sauron draw a Shadow card and a Plot card" (don't have the exact wording here). The Hero had no favor at the time. Could he choose the first option (and thus nothing happens), or is he forced to choose the second option, since he has no favor to lose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spalkulus wrote:
Thalin received a Peril card saying something like "Choose to either lose 2 Favor or let Sauron draw a Shadow card and a Plot card" (don't have the exact wording here). The Hero had no favor at the time. Could he choose the first option (and thus nothing happens), or is he forced to choose the second option, since he has no favor to lose?

So, you have a choice: Either you lose 2 Favors or else you have to let Sauron draw a shadow card and a Plot card. He couldn't have chosen to lose two favors so he really only had one option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That may depend...in Battlestar Galactica, by the same designer, I think, you can always choose an option even if you don't have enough of item X to fully satisfy the requirements.

For example, "President discards two cards."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvinarcik wrote:
That may depend...in Battlestar Galactica, by the same designer, I think, you can always choose an option even if you don't have enough of item X to fully satisfy the requirements.

Is this present in any multiple choice option in Galactica? Any examples of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
mvinarcik wrote:

Yes, but this is specifically stated in the rules of BSG. It isn't in MEQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eikka wrote:
Spalkulus wrote:

So, you have a choice: Either you lose 2 Favors or else you have to let Sauron draw a shadow card and a Plot card. He couldn't have chosen to lose two favors so he really only had one option.

This interpretation is correct. If he did not have the favor to discard, he had to take the second option.

As an aside, I have seen Thalin defeat the Balrog in single combat. Many cheers and whoops ensued...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.