Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
z morgan
United States
Frankfort
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After lurking in this forum for several months, I am realizing there are dozens of important wargames I've yet to play. Are there any operational or strategic games that include a mechanic for fog of war based on the profile of a unit/army? i.e. an army composed of light infantry and light cavalry moves fast enough and has a small enough impact on the battlefield as to remain unnoticed for longer than an army of heavy cavalry and guns. This mechanic could also work for the dynamics of invasion and homeland defense. i.e. there's a good chance a defending army knows every movement of the invader, while the invader might be operating blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
z morgan
United States
Frankfort
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - I will check those out. Is this an interesting concept to any of you wargamers? Suppose there was a game that used it as the fog of war for a campaign that was composed of scenarios that last approx. 1 hour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.