Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never "sold" any games here at BGG, but I have traded a couple. So, my question about selling is... "IF" I have a game for sale AND the same game is for trade, can I REMOVE the game from the 'sale' list if somebody wants to trade for it? OR... what if I change my mind about selling. Is there a charge for posting it and then removing the game? or is it only a charge when you sell?

Can I go back and change or add to the description later?

Thanks!!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
There is a 3% commission charged when you sell a game, but there is no charge to list an item. You can edit your items for sale or remove them from your sale list at any time (using the "Manage Your Inventory" link in Marketplace).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hwang
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can do all of those.

You are charged only when you sell a game.

You are also given a chance to cancel the transaction as a seller if say, someone buys a game you've already traded away but forgot to remove from the marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!! I would say this is a great deal then. Maybe it is time I listed some of my games in the "sale" list rather than just for "trade"!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wish it would keep these in sync.... I think I have to spend some time figuring out which of my games I sold I no longer have available for trade....

Yes, I should do it, but I don't have time to go through all of them and find the mismatch. I would have been much better off if I hadn't forgotten about it when I sold them....

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I should probably do this earlier, but I remove a game from my trade list and collection on BGG the moment I pack it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a few trades I submitted ONLY to find the guy removed them after I made the offer. Probably was already SOLD or Traded away and never removed from their list. But, what really bothers me is never getting a "no thanks" OR "Oh, I already got rid of that game". Just a note is a polite thing to do. Oh well...

I want to mention... I FINALLY added my FIRST game to my Sale list, thanks to you guys help here. Let's see what happens.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
There have been a few trades I submitted ONLY to find the guy removed them after I made the offer. Probably was already SOLD or Traded away and never removed from their list. But, what really bothers me is never getting a "no thanks" OR "Oh, I already got rid of that game". Just a note is a polite thing to do. Oh well...

I always reply with a "sorry" response and decline the trade. Is that what you are looking for?

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, something like that... It doesn't even need to be an "I'm Sorry" but, even a "Nah... not interested" Mostly because, I had tried to make a Trade Offer TWO times PLUS several PM's and never got any response to anythingshake. So... it would have just been nice to keep me from waiting and wondering... BUT, I don't want this post to turn into a bash against anyone. No hard feelings against the fellow, but, just a nice thing to do. I always appreciate a NO, response, even though I may not be happy the person didn't want to trade! laugh

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.