Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the new game revolves around the Kursk campaign and features a big picture of a big tank on the cover, I was kind of expecting an armor-centric game. Yet, of the 9 scenarios I find in the box, I only see two that use armor units along with some "optional" armor in one other.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
Since the new game revolves around the Kursk campaign and features a big picture of a big tank on the cover, I was kind of expecting an armor-centric game. Yet, of the 9 scenarios I find in the box, I only see two that use armor units along with some "optional" armor in one other.

Am I missing something?

I'm guessing you bought this at WBC or GenCon and Uwe promised to send you the firefight book when it's complete? My understanding is that the firefights are not all fully edited and prepped. I believe there are quite a few more than 9 firefights in the game. Anyways, I'm sure Uwe can answer this better, but I believe when you get the actual firefight book, it will contain more firefights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if it might be something like that. I just noticed there are rules in the book AFTER the part that says "you may now play firefight 9", and then at the end it says "you may now play the rest of the firefights"

I bought it a WBC, but nobody promised me anything, There was a woman running the booth who seemed to be filling in. I guess I will just contact the publisher. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You lucky dog David, so how is it so far, have you been able to play a couple of the battles, and with planes perhaps as well??

Cheers, us VERY curious gamers wanna know!!

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TRDG wrote:
You lucky dog David, so how is it so far, have you been able to play a couple of the battles, and with planes perhaps as well??

Cheers, us VERY curious gamers wanna know!!

Tom

It certainly looks great, and I'm very interested by the new activation rules. However, despite hopefully dragging it to our club yesterday and showing it around, I did not get anyone to play.

BTW, the rules for aircraft come at the end - after the part that says "you may now play scenario 9". I guess I won't be getting to them for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see David, I guess we will all have to wait until the game ships with everything for it all to be known, thanks for the posts though!!
To bad no one there wanted to try a game at your club, what do they usually play over there by chance?

Cheers

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play wargames at EPGS, including CoH. I am just not a very pushy person and didn't get my choice this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.