badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says on p. 12 of the rulebook:

Quote:
If two Chaos cards played to the same region would
otherwise happen simultaneously, the left-hand (i.e.,
eastern) card is resolved frst, and the right-hand card
resolved second.

Then on p. 18 there is an example where the Nurgle card (+1 defence for Nurgle units in the area) takes effect before the Khorne card (roll two dice before combat), i.e. Nurgle benefits from the +1 defence during Khorne's pre-battle rolls. The cards are pictured that the Khorne card is to the left. Wouldn't it be possible for some rules lawyers to argue that the Khorne card "happened first" and therefore Nurgle doesn't get their card's effect during the pre-battle rolls? Or is the Nurgle card considered a "permanent" (well, until the end of the round anyway) effect? If so, shouldn't it be spelled out more precisely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on page 12.
Quote:
When a Chaos card is played on the board, its effects are carried out

Meaning the instant Nurgle plays Rain of Pus they get that bonus since Khorne's card doesn't take effect until "Before Battle" and not the instant it is played. Their example they give on page 18 even accounts for the bonus to Nurgle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's the intuitive way to play it. The rules lawyer in me always looks for loopholes, but he got defeated this time :) So the +1 Defence kicks in in the card playing phase, before the battle. This makes perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.