Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea for the next ChitChat cooking contest...

Pasta and biscuits prepared from scratch. No stove. No microwave. Nothing to burn.

Oh wait, except, perhaps, for the entire hotel!! Better keep Toggy away from this video!

Who needs a restaurant?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was in college, we weren't allowed to have microwave ovens or hot-plates. I used an immersion heater like this one to make tea, instant coffee, soup or ramen. I had to be careful where I put it down after I was done. It was basically a 200 watt soldering iron. It could get liquids boiling quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Now, I would never have thought of using an iron for a griddle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cor blimey that's clever... I can't wait to see what he cooks with the Corby Trouser Press
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
My college only allowed hot pots (would hold about 12 oz. of liquid) and popcorn poppers (the kind that still used oil -- air poppers and microwave packets hadn't been invented yet) in the dorm rooms. In fact, they would even sell mimeographed books for $1 with three or four dozen recipes that could be fixed in a popper: beef stew, soups, grilled minute steaks, stir-fry, etc.

I wish I had one of those recipe books because it sure would have helped while I was living on my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
When I was in college, we weren't allowed to have microwave ovens or hot-plates. I used an immersion heater like this one to make tea, instant coffee, soup or ramen. I had to be careful where I put it down after I was done. It was basically a 200 watt soldering iron. It could get liquids boiling quickly.

Huh, I've never seen one of those before. However, it reminds me of this funny tool I once saw in the fireplace at the birthplace of John Adams (Quincy, MA). It was an iron poker, and was among the other fireplace tools in his house. It had a coiled end which looked like it was intended to dissipate heat. I asked the ranger about it, and it was the 18th Century version of your device. The end was placed into the fire until red hot, then it was plugged into a cup of water. Presto! Hot water for tea or soup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
And, for dessert, you can make ice cream
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice but i think i'll pass on the raw egg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.