Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Hangman» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is the distribution of tiles in a Milton Bradley and Pressman Hangman set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Does anyone know how many letter tiles are in a Milton Bradley Hangman game and a Pressman Hangman game?(I believe the Pressman version, according to a copy of the rules, has 72).Also, does anybody know the number of tiles each letter has (example: Are there 3 A's or 4 A's). I am wondering because I have 2 MB Hangman sets (one from 1988, the other from the 1990s, I believe) and 1 Pressman Hangman set. If anyone knows, please notify me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickolas Frazee
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Couldn't tell you about the Pressman sets, nor the MB ones from that recent. I have an older MB Hangman from the 1970's with the Vincent Price cover, and it has 56 per colour. They slot into those nifty little slots on the bottom of the tray in such a way as you can have one space between every different letter group with only a couple stupid things happening: T is broken up, 2 on one row and one on the next, and there's an extra space for M as there are only two M's. There are one to three of everything; nothing has four. The dumbest breakdown mistake by MB was only two I's, as this prevents a player from making the word "idiotic", which I find rich in irony. I know your question was from a year and a half ago and you're unlikely to see this post today, so someday if I wander back to this thread and you've asked me to, I can provide a full exact breakdown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a 99% complete set in mint condition today...missing one letter...yeah...the letter 'I'. Figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pickering
United Kingdom
Llandysul
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, in the UK version by MB games, the distribution is as follows;
A4,B3,C2,D3,E4,F2,G3,H2,I3,J2,K2,L3,M3,N3,O4,P3,G1,R3,S3,T3,U4,V2,W2,X1,Y1,Z2,BLANK 3 Hope this helps! John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm pretty sure that the distribution of the letters are language dependant. Like how in Scrabble has different set of letters in each language (even when the distributor is the same).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.