♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the current PDF for my new solo dice game: The d6 Shooters and the Long Road to Reno The PDF includes two playsheets (color, b&w), the full rules (with some changes from the previous version) and a turn play example.

There is also a BGG game entry now, so please go there and rate and comment on the game once you've tried it.

I really like how this turned out, especially the latest version which I'm considering finished for now (though feedback is certainly welcome and further tweaks will probably be made). But in the way of an unbiased plug, BGG user Willy Adam (rathmourne) had this to say about the first version of the game: "Great game! I found it very interesting... All in all, it was a fun and tense game. I recommended it to anyone who likes dice challenges and I look forward to see both its own page here on BGG and to try out any new features you might add to it... Good luck and once again, well done!"

To play, you'll need at least 8 dice, 3 of one color and 5 of another, as well as a few other dice or tokens or chips or whatever to track some of your resources. You should be able to play the entire game from the instructions on the playsheet (pictured below), so that may be all you really need to print out, though the full rules and turn example in the PDF may clarify some things. I'm working on an Event/Item/Poker deck to use for this, which will give more variety and options for those things, and I'll plan to have an ArtsCow set for that when ready. But for now, this is very much playable as is without any cards, so disregard the references in the rules to drawing a card for Events, Items and Poker Hands and just roll the die for those things and use the charts for the results. Of course, please feel free to ask or post a thread to the game entry or comment here if you have any questions.

I'm currently working on the next d6 Shooters installment, called "Ghost Town Showdown", which will be more of a tactical gunfight and use a somewhat different kind of dice system than the one in "Long Road to Reno". I may expand this general idea into more of a series or campaign kind of thing. If anybody wants to contribute ideas or design an episode themselves, by all means, please do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.