Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I know that only the units sharing a hex with a leader can move double time (keeping the leader company all the way); Can the leader also activate hexes around his and have them move their normal distance or does double time force the leader to limit him (or Her) self to activating only the hex they are in?

Hope the question is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although only the in-hex units get the extra movement factor, there is nothing that prohibits adjacent stacks from activating with the leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Thanks - i worried that it was a trade-off: "You can move your troops double time but everyone else has to remain behind, cowering in their trenches."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Steven said, however, didn't mean that those adjacent to the leader could be double-time. It simply means that they can be activated in the same impulse. Without double time, these adjacent units would fall behind the leader's own and would not end in adjacent to the leader again. That's what I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
yes, that's how I play it, though somewhere the ruls say that units activated to move by a leader have to stay with him (or her if a soviet partisan). That is why I asked the question. Baffling, but I don't mind; I like my LnL - incidently, the company is called LnL - what is the squad game series named?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Although only the in-hex units get the extra movement factor, there is nothing that prohibits adjacent stacks from activating with the leader.

That is correct. BTW, only units that begin an impulse in the SAME hex, and all move must stay together...not units that are activated in adjacent hexes.

The company is called Lock 'n Load Publishing (http://www.locknloadgame.com), the tactical series is called Lock 'n Load. In the tactical series are the modules/expansions, Forgotten Heroes, ANZAC ATTACK, Band of Heroes, Swift and Bold, Not oOne Step Back, Dark July, Day of Heroes, Noville, Heroes of the Blitzkrieg, and Band of Heroes 2nd ed. Noy all are currently in print.

THanks to you all for playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Hi Mark,

Opportunity for a question: the guy who made the video review of Heroes of the Blitzkrieg said that you are intending to make a Heroes of Stalingrad set. As far as I know this is not the case - at least not as far as boardgames are concerned! Does he know something I don't? There were those Stalingrad scenarios in NOSB but I always fancied something a bit meatier - maybe a Noville/Prokhorovka type large board with the Lazur Factory or something. Any feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nick,

We are working on a Heroes of Stalingrad computer game.

And here...

http://www.locknloadgame.com/Section_Home.asp?SID=33
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool video, wish it could have been loger. Can the combat resolution box pop up duration be adjusted by the player? I want to see the combat mechanics in place and all the calculation results showing to me at one's leisure reading pace. The rapid calculation and results were gone in a second would turn the board computer game into a real-time thing inadvertently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll try to do a longer one soon. Yes, Lawrence you can adjust that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.