Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers are happy to announce that we are scheudling our next GAME DAY for Saturday, Septemver 26th!!!
We have a few changes this time around, so pay attention!

This time around Game Day will be held on the campus of Aquinas College, just off Robinson Road. Through Beth Jensen we were able to get a fantastic deal on 3 rooms (plus a nice cafe area) in the Academic Building. Thanks Beth!

We're still planning to play from Noon to Midnight

Since the costs are going up a bit compared to our last venue we had to make a choice - raise the rate or eliminate the free snacks. We opted to keep the admission at $2/person. Since we do have the cafe area where we can set up a snack table, if you want to bring a game friendly snack to share with the group, feel free to do so!

That's all for right now. Mark it down on your calendars and join us for a great day of gaming fun! Keep your eyes open - in the next couple of weeks we'll be posting more details including a map to the specific building (and instructions on where to find us), a link to our pre-registration site, and some more details about what to bring and what to expect!

Have a great day everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
GRAB Game Days are always a great time, glad to hear that they have survived relocation and are ready to start in a new space in the Fall, you know I'll be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. That should be plenty of time for me to find appropriate child care arrangements.

Any objection to me running a math trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
Sounds great. That should be plenty of time for me to find appropriate child care arrangements.

I object!

No good reason. Just being contrary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Progmode wrote:

I object!

No good reason. Just being contrary.

No you're not. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hope it has a better response rate than the K-Zoo math trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a specific game that they need to play? I know in years past we've had scheduled games of Die Macher, A Game of Thrones (first edition), Arkham Horror, and 18xx. This year would be better for those games, now that we've got three rooms and won't need to worry about the Party Gamers bothering us.

GR Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those too busy to find the club website it is here:
http://grgames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
cypar7 wrote:
Does anyone have a specific game that they need to play? I know in years past we've had scheduled games of Die Macher, A Game of Thrones (first edition), Arkham Horror, and 18xx. This year would be better for those games, now that we've got three rooms and won't need to worry about the Party Gamers bothering us.

GR Bruce

Unless there are, um, really interesting custom components, I haven't been bothered too much. Anyhoo, I'd like to do some different games. I'm a bit burned out on 18xx at the moment. I'd like to get a round of Arkham horror under my belt. So I'd be up for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
cypar7 wrote:

GR Bruce

Unless there are, um, really interesting custom components, I haven't been bothered too much. Anyhoo, I'd like to do some different games. I'm a bit burned out on 18xx at the moment. I'd like to get a round of Arkham horror under my belt. So I'd be up for that.

This should be GeekList....and now it is.

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/geeklist/46547
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to attend and it was a great day as always. It was my first time out in quite a while. Being in different rooms was both good and bad. It was definitely a nice place to play. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making this event happen.

I'm now hooked on Cosmic Encounter and have added 2 more OOP games to my list of desired acquistions. Factory fun and Glory to Rome, both games I've wanted to play for a long time that I got a chance to play. Learning 3 new games for the day was pretty good plus my first chance at playing the Pegasus expansion which I thought fixes or improves a lot of things in BSG. Which was a game I already loved but have only played now for the 3rd time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.