Popular Tags: [View All]
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of billabong and managed to get 2 plays in yesterday.

One thing struck me as strange: in an industry that's always forcing artifically-elevated player counts in games that become crap due to multiplayer chaos, why does billabong support only 4 players? Why not 5, or even 6? One could lower the number of kangaroos per player and still manage to make it work rather well. The downtime could get kind of bad, but I think it would definitely be playable... I'm thinking of robbing some discs from my copy of steam and use them as the 5th or even 6th player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taj Mahal, anyone?
Switzerland
Basel
Läckerli State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrenoK wrote:
...Why not 5, or even 6? ... I think it would definitely be playable...

Playable, sure. Enjoyable, not so sure. But why not give it a try? Lowering the number of roos seems to be a sensible thing.

I have never played Billabong with more than 4, which in my opinion is the ideal player number. It's OK with 3, didn't like it as a 2-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ugess it can be enjoyable. And I would be tempted to play the 5-player game with 1 fewer piece and 6-player 2 fewer. Play time is 1 consideration, 30 pieces also seems insane. There will be so much blackage hardly anyone will be able to jump (which would add to the play time even more).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.