Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to School - Math Trade

RESULTS POSTED

Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45429
Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45430

On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event.
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.

Key Dates & Times (EASTERN STANDARD TIME):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Saturday, August 29th (6:00 PM)
Want list submission period: Saturday, August 29th (6:00 PM) until Tuesday, September 1st (6:00 AM)
Results about an hour thereafter!

Rules:

1) This math trade is open to everyone any where on Earth. Sorry to those on the moon & other planets who cannot participate.

2) Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them.

If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces.), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).

3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted. Cash offerings will NOT be permitted.

4) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/RPGs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.

Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

5) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).

For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.

For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.

Please list if the game is coming from a smoke free environment or not.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (ie. if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).

If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or smoking details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home.

6) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game.

If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.

7) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.

8) You will be required to list your shipping policy clearly (ie. list to where you will/will not be willing to ship and how much of the shipping you would be willing to cover, if any). Mirror shipping is not allowed. Any ambiguity will be considered generosity on your part. If you do not state a shipping policy it will be assumed you are willing to ship anywhere in the world for free.

9) There is no list cap; therefore, you can submit an unlimited number of items. If there is something you really hope to see someone post; please list it in the Request GeekList.

10) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.

11) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.

12) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

13) You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG.

It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).

If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Other useful information:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

If you've never used the OLWLG before:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Back to School - Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Some Stats:

# Item count: 1755
# Users with items: 250

In the end we missed:

# MISSING 11 WANTS (0.6%) FROM 4 USER(s) (1.6%):
# bonzillou (2)
# browncoat2814 (3)
# donkeystyle (1)
# joshbalvin (5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Want List

Some Fun Stats:

# Item count: 1755
# Users with items: 250

[ users trading = 192 ]
Num trades = 395 of 1778 items (22.2%)
Total cost = 395 (avg 1.00)
Num groups = 10
Group sizes = 259 86 23 7 6 4 4 2 2 2
Sum squares = 75135
Elapsed time = 1874265ms

1874265 ms = 31 mins & 14 Seconds

Interesting Features:

Most Wanted

Who Wanted Yours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally...

RESULTS (OLWLG version)
RESULTS (Text version)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daisy,
Glad you are having another go at it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
Hi Daisy,
Glad you are having another go at it...

Thanks David.
I had a few people ask if I'd host another.
And I know not everyone is going back to school. But, after 2 years off, I'm actually going back to school in September to finish my degree. I figured it'd be best if I got this one in before I go back. Work + School will likely be hectic, but I'm looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who got their bachelor's degree in only twelve years, I congratulate you on your return to school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:
As someone who got their bachelor's degree in only twelve years, I congratulate you on your return to school.

Thank you.
And congratulations. Even if it took a while, you completed it, and that's something to be proud of. It's not something I can say yet, but hopefully by June 2010.

Edit: Looking at that year, makes me feel old, and I'm only 22. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad you are doing this Daisy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Want list submission period: Saturday, August 29th (6:00 PM) until Tuesday, September 1st (6:00 AM)

wow, this is one long math trade! trying to get into the top 10 for most items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Yeah, a little too long for me. If it were two days shorter, I could squeeze in one last math trade before the parents arrive (for 3 weeks!). Have fun and I'll be back in these things around mid-September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Yeah, a little too long for me. If it were two days shorter, I could squeeze in one last math trade before the parents arrive (for 3 weeks!). Have fun and I'll be back in these things around mid-September.

Aww sorry that it's too long for you.

Wasn't trying to break any records. Just wanted it to end around when I go back to school since that'll give me some more excitement to look forward to about going back.

Gotta have my fix! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I just want to confirm that the times are in the Atlantic Time, correct?

So the game posting will close at 4:00 PM Central Time.

The want list submissions will close at 4:00 AM Central Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435155

If everyone did something like this in this Math Trade, that would be really awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Quote:

Daezee wrote:

Eastern time, growing up in Newfoundland watching t.v. was always in EST so I find it the easiest to convert to. And, well... I can't use Newfoundland Standard Time, because that would just confuse EVERYONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435155

If everyone did something like this in this Math Trade, that would be really awesome!

I agree, this would be very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Daezee wrote:
Cate108 wrote:
Quote:

Daezee wrote:

Eastern time, growing up in Newfoundland watching t.v. was always in EST so I find it the easiest to convert to. And, well... I can't use Newfoundland Standard Time, because that would just confuse EVERYONE!

Oh Geez Daisy, I had a senior moment. Of course it was RIGHT THERE! blush

So the game posting will close at 4:00 5:00 PM Central Time.

The want list submissions will close at 4:00 5:00 AM Central Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

All my packing boxes out in the garage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's my garage!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's with the lack of action (thumbs and items) for this math trade? Is it because of the long duration? Or maybe because Canadians are involved? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
What's with the lack of action (thumbs and items) for this math trade? Is it because of the long duration? Or maybe because Canadians are involved? shake

Yeah, us Canadian's are quite stingy with thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if it's the high shipping costs between Canada and America that's putting people off. I know I'm double-checking my wants to make sure I don't accept anything from a Canadian.

On that note, have your geekgold back! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
I'm wondering if it's the high shipping costs between Canada and America that's putting people off. I know I'm double-checking my wants to make sure I don't accept anything from a Canadian.

On that note, have your geekgold back! laugh

Yeah, there is quite the high shipping cost between Canada and America. Last math trade I was in, I believe items ranged from $20 - $30 in shipping. It's definitely something that should factor into your decision when choosing items. But I hope it's not a deterrent for people joining, as you create your want list and know which items you will pay for shipping, and you create your own shipping policy.

Thanks for the GG. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Daezee wrote:
selwyth wrote:

Yeah, us Canadian's are quite stingy with thumbsup.

I think it has something to do with the exchange rate of US thumbsup vs. Canadian thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.