Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bricker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Hello all,

While my friends are all busy flaking out on me after promising to play MEQ with me this weekend, yuk , I have been rabidly reading the rules over and over, and I've run into a bit of a question.

To put it simply, what happens when the plot/shadow decks run out? Is the discard pile simply shuffled in when a new card is supposed to be drawn, much like the others? The reason I ask is that I can't seem to find any specific place where it states that the shadow/plot deck is refilled.

I guess the same question goes for the peril deck, but for some reason I didn't come here to post about that one.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thnk resuffling is appropriate, should the occasion ever present itself. But honestly, I don't think you will ever get to that point.

I say this only having played once, and we were able to keep the plot cards to a minumum, and Sauron played more influnce and monsters rather than shadow cards (but he did play some of those too).

Your mileage may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
At the back of the rules on pg 35, there is a little blurb about reshuffling. It basically states that when any deck runs out, reshuffle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bricker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Ah, okay, there ya go. Thanks.

I kinda figured it would be difficult, seeing as Sauron can only consistently get 3-4 shadow cards, and every time he draws plot cards, he has to put one back into the deck.

But still, I was wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, if a plot has gone into active play and a Hero removes it by paying the favor cost, that plot is not shuffled back into the main deck? Is it taken out of play like quests that have been completed?

I figured that the plot decks get reshuffled like Dan mentioned as the plot deck is quite small.

sauron for the win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Can't we settle this over a pint?
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13 states that when Heroes remove an active plot it is placed faceup in the discard pile next to the draw pile. (Note that this is different from when Sauron draws plot cards, chooses one and places the others facedown at the bottom of the draw pile.) When Sauron chooses to remove an active plot, it also goes into the discard pile.

Since page 35 says to reshuffle any discard pile into a new draw pile when the draw pile is depleted, that rule would apply to the Plot discard pile as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 13 games so far, haven't seen the Plot deck anywhere near exhausting. I suppose if you take draw 2 cards action twice a turn (or draw 2 twice and then draw 1 in 3-Hero), you might get there eventually, but that won't get you far, as you will have played no monsters and your Shadow Pool could be at 0 .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peril seems to be the deck that runs out most often. I've yet to have either the plot or shadow deck run out. Corruption also doesn't run out, because Wretched always seems to come up, which reshuffles the discards back into the deck. It's a nasty, nasty card. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Peril seems to be the deck that runs out most often. I've yet to have either the plot or shadow deck run out. Corruption also doesn't run out, because Wretched always seems to come up, which reshuffles the discards back into the deck. It's a nasty, nasty card. sauron

Wretched rocks !

As Sauron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.