13 Posts

Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: White Dwarf wishlist ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whilst we're all punching counters, cliping and glueing mini's, getting used to the new rules, I thought it'd be a fun distraction to comment on three things that you would like to see published in future White Dwarf's, in regards to Space Hulk. It can be either re-incarnated from earlier versions or just something new all together....

Three things only.

My three choices;

1 - The return of air ducts,
2 - The return of ambush blips, and
3 - The return of the grenade launcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1, 2, and 3: A FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More missions too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - customizable squads
2 - air ducts
3 - more missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Harding
United Kingdom
Wymondham
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that flamethrower comment was a joke, but please please don't say that again. The new edition draws almost exclusively from the original rules (rather than the awful 2nd edition ones) and is all the better for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if the other versions had it but... campaign rules where you level up your squad and outfit them with gear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
By the by, which edition of White Dwarf has the first Space Hulk (this ed) article in it? I stopped by and a local store had the August edition which didn't seem to have anything related to SH in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
By the by, which edition of White Dwarf has the first Space Hulk (this ed) article in it? I stopped by and a local store had the August edition which didn't seem to have anything related to SH in it.

In Australia, it's the September edition, WD357.....I assume it's the same in other countries - although I do know WD's from different countries do feature some different stuff from time to time....but I'd say it's the same for a world wide SH release....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrBigUK wrote:
I know that flamethrower comment was a joke, but please please don't say that again. The new edition draws almost exclusively from the original rules (rather than the awful 2nd edition ones) and is all the better for it.

The 2nd edition flamer wasn't ALL that bad. It DID act more like a flamer, in my opinion. I felt that it made things all that much harder for the marines though, since you couldn't flame a room from a distance, but it was still a pretty powerful weapon. I wasn't thrilled you could only flame a genestealer square twice because ocassionally they survive twice. I prefer the 1st edition rules, even the genestealer surviving and moving around without having to roll again, but I can see those exposed to the 2nd edition first liking those rules better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:

US edition is 356.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air ducts? What are those? I seem to have missed that White Dwarf...

What'd I'd like to see is by far, more missions! After that, maybe a bidding system for Marine squads? The Captain would be an impressive return (i.e. grenade launcher, +2 CPs, etc). And I'd love to see Hybrids

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air ducts appeared in a White Dwarf article for Space Hulk 2E. The article was called "Defilement of Honour" and included three additional missions. Air ducts allowed Genestealers to cross between rooms and corridors without using the corridors. Had LoS rules/issues similar to "Pitfalls".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.