Subject: How do you set up your cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Hutchinson
United States
Fruit Heights
Utah
flag msg tools
Since I started playing this game three or four weeks ago, I've wondered how others set up their cards... This is how I set up mine...

So tell me, how do you set up your Dominion cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many posts for this game that this earlier thread was well buried.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/407000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I always put the kingdom cards in two rows of five, sorted by cost. The rest depends on table dimensions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. If you sort them by cost, that makes the game a bit quicker I think. Also, putting all the Kingdoms together allows new players to "browse" through them more quickly.

------------Cpr-Estate
-K-K-K-K-K--Slv-Duchy
-K-K-K-K-K--Gld-Province

Putting the copper-estate, silver-duchy and gold-provinces together is also helpful when explaining the Remodel to newish players, as they can easily see that these cards are all 2 coins different in cost, and hopefully they remember to start remodelling their money near the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C S G Trash
K K K Curse
A A A A A
A A A A A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Shaw
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
----6 Cost Ks----
G - 5 Cost Ks - P
S - 4 cost Ks - D
C - 3 cost Ks - E
----2 cost Ks----
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian vickers
msg tools
I set mine up like this

It's made of cloth so it folds up nice and neatly inside that travel box I made. Curse is C, Black Market Deck is B. The rest is pretty self explanatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jackson
New Zealand
Westmere
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always set it up based on cost using the the Victory point and treasure cards as one column (with no 1 or 7 row, and a gap for 4 if gardens are not in use). Then the Kingdom cards are placed off to the left based on value (eg Cost 2 cards next to Estate, 3 next to Silver, etc, up to 6 next to Gold).

This makes buying decisions easier because you can buy from that level down, and its easy to see what the possibilities are for multiple buys, say 5,2 or 4,3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.