Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
RIGHT, a four player game, six epidemics, we were close to the end - everything seemed to be OK, only two more players had to do their move and then the third in the row would research the last cure....

We knew the cards that were "hot" due to the last epedemic card. They could not had hurt us, when we drew them, OK it was close - one more outbreak and we would have lost, but heh, we had everything under control - no "hot zones" that could possibly produce an outbreak with the cards to be expected...

A sure win! Yeah, we were already poping the corks, wrap it up, we have already won, ah well, let's see what's gonna happen anyway...

The player next to the one supposed to end the game via research does his move - some "yeah I move something to move something at all because I know we will win" type of move...

He draws his two cards

First one:

Epidemic? So what, no problem, we still have everything under control... no need to panic, draw a card from under the deck - - three cubes, shuffle everything and get through with it....

Second One:

Epidemic??? No prob,

wait a moment....

2. Infect

Draw Buenos Aires from underneath the deck, toss three cubes into Buenos Aires, put it on the (empty) discard pile

3. Intensify

"Shuffle" the discard pile (one card) and put it back on the infection pile - i.e. put back THE ONE Buenos Aires card onto the infection pile

....draw infection cards...

first card: Buenos Aires:Boooooooooom there goes our game....

You have to love this game. I was never that close to winning just to see it all go down seconds before we would have won....

It keeps having surprises in spare this little gem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain
cry
I swear this game has an cruel intelligence of it's own
angry

Simon
P.S. You've gotta love a report that starts with the word 'right' IN CAPITALS - the man evidently means business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben James
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same card sealed our 4-player game last night (albeit with 5 epidemic cards) searching for the last cure. Buenos-Aires came up on Epidemic 4 or 5, but despite a large discard pile (relatively speaking as compared to one) Buenos-Aires somehow found its way to to the top of the deck...Outbreak, Chain Reaction, Outbreak X3, GAME OVER! Man, this is one game that is probably more fun when you lose. Rarely does it get a back-to-back replay with us when we win the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 5 (easy) games lately and have not had a win amonjgst them. 2 Games lost with Chained outbreaks, 1 game lost by running out of draw cards 2 games lost by no more cubes to place.
All games have been 2 player.

One game had 4 cures and was about to clean up when Chain reaction starting at Ho Chi Minh - run out of red cubes,angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Szymanski
Germany
Geestland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same two days ago. 2-player game and 4th cure about to be found. We just had to meet for one card and the cure would be there the next player. But then two black epidemics in my draw caused black to explode with a chain reaction of 4 outbreaks, making it 8. Also we needed more black cubes than there were left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schimmi wrote:
We had the same two days ago. 2-player game and 4th cure about to be found. We just had to meet for one card and the cure would be there the next player. But then two black epidemics in my draw caused black to explode with a chain reaction of 4 outbreaks, making it 8. Also we needed more black cubes than there were left.

So you lost *twice* in the same game.

Been there, done that!

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Deifel
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how that feels. The first time we play we lost big time.

The second time, we have a plan and was doing 100% better and we were sooooo close to win, but that stupid card came up and did it in for us. Arrrrrrrrrgh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.