United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Battlestar Galactica play-by-forum game GC161.
I will be your host. Username bungeeboy.
The geeklist for this game is at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45960

This will be a five player game. Core game only. This means there will be 2 cylon cards in the loyalty deck.

First and foremost, please do not post any spoilers regarding the show!

Players are expected to be familiar with all the rules of Battlestar Galactica, especially the rules of secrecy regarding cards. Each player also needs a copy of the game, because I am only allowed to reveal card names, not texts.

Players are allowed to post game discussions and tactics discussions in normal text like this.
Italics are used for roleplaying and flavor, which often adds good ambience and fun to the games.
Bold text is used for orders. Examples of orders are moves, card plays, actions, attacks, and other things. I will not take an action for your character unless posted in bold.

I will ask that players not geekmail/email each other to discuss game tactics in order to keep knowledge from other players. The nature of the game is that all table discussion is heard by all players. That being said, it is allowable to geekmail certain instructions to me rather than posting (like playing Investigative Committee or Strategic Planning). Conditional orders, in order to speed up gameplay, are also acceptable. I will expect all players to keep on top of their Once-per-game ability. I will not prompt for these, so if you believe you may use it, post it or send me a conditional order.

For skill checks, I will often post an interrupt chart regarding possible Investigative Committee or Scientific Research plays. For die rolls, I ask that if a player would like to wait for a possible Strategic Planning card, that they mention this in their post. The game will go too slowly if we post an interrupt for every single die roll. Obviously, it would be good to send a conditional order if you would like a Strategic Planning card to be used for a viper attack or cylon ship attacks. Please check ahead to see what will likely be occuring and stay on top of it, as I will not backtrack.

Please try to check the board at least once or twice a day so that we can get through people's turns in good time. My timezone is CDT (GMT-5). I will usually be on 2-3 times a day (at work and at home).

Please identify your character frequently. There is a great list of images to use here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42419

When posting a skill card play, please use color codes.
Politics code #CC9900
Leadership code #009900
Tactics code #990099
Piloting code #CC0000
Engineering code #0000FF

I will send card draws and hand reminders via geekmail. Players are, of course, urged to keep track of their hands.

Most of the deck shuffling and such will be spreadsheet controlled. Loyalty decks will be personally handled by me: I will open my copy of the game and build the loyalty deck myself, and physically deal cards. I will also, whenever possible, roll a die when a die roll is called for.

(Edited: Added many statements. Please re-read post.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will invite 5 players to the game. If I haven't heard from them in a day I will move down the list. Please post to this forum to "check in". After we have 5 players, I will randomize the player order and then I will begin with character selection.

Current invited players: Grudunza , Sassmatic , karlm , Hoyt , soulyogurt , hockeyjedi , BBatov , Spinningdice.

EDIT: new players invited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb

Admiral Adama, reporting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Miller
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey yup!

Checking in...

KarlM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I jumped the gun... we're not picking characters yet until turn order is established. I don't care if I'm Adama, really, so if someone else is earlier than me in turn order and wants to pick him, by all means, go ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting on hockeyjedi, Spinningdice, and BBatov. If I haven't heard from them in 5 hours or so, I'll invite the next players on the game list.
Welcome Grudunza and karlm!

EDIT: new players invited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Miller
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how about that Pegasus expansion huh? Looks pretty cool to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in, I'm UK-based, but I think I should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockeyjedi, reporting for duty, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlm wrote:

Agreed! I'm sitting here looking at it right now. Nice components, even though they printed the occupation forces backwards.

Waiting on the last player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:
karlm wrote:

Agreed! I'm sitting here looking at it right now. Nice components, even though they printed the occupation forces backwards. :P

Waiting on the last player!

Not got it yet, too little money, too many children... Maybe come next payday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome players! Thank you for joining my game. Please reread the first post as many changes have been made.

We shall begin with character selection as per the character selection rules.

hockeyjedi shall choose first
BBatov next
Spinningdice next
Grudunza next
Karlm last.

This will also represent turn order.

Please post your character selections, in the order above. Conditional orders at this time (example: I want adama, but if he gets taken, I'll take zarek, but if politics is already taken, I'll go with the chief) are acceptable. All conditional orders for the duration of this game should be geekmailed to me.

EDIT: Also, everyone except hockeyjedi please post your beginning three skill cards that you would like to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order of Preference (pick the top legal character for me)
Saul Tigh
Chief Tyrol
Laura Roslin
Kara Thrace

There's only 2 players above me so at least one of those should be a legal choice for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like Apollo, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spinningdice takes Saul Tigh, as per his priority list. Please post your opening card draw when you get a moment.

Next up: Grudunza.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Bill Adama, after all, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BBatov wrote:
FYI - I will be out of town for a wedding from roughly noon tomorrow (Friday) though early afternoon on Sunday. I'll try and check in from the hotel if I have internet access, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to.

Duly noted. Check in when you can.

Grudunza, please let me know your starting 3 cards.

Hockeyjedi, where would you like to start? For reference, space area 5 is the back launch tube, and space area 6 is the front launch tube. (the areas begin with 1 at the galactica nose, and are numbered sequentially clockwise. You'll see this when I post the first gamestate image).

Last character pick: karlm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry...

1 Leadership
2 Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Leadership
1 Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Space area 6 (if that is the one nearest the raiders, as I believe it is. I don't have the game with me at work right now. If not, the area nearest the raiders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note, I'm probably going to post quite often from work, so if I get confused with cards that's probably why.
If I'm really not sure I'll wait 'til I get home and check in the box, but I've played enough to know all the skill cards and a lot of the others.

Also Image Test..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as Karlm chooses his character and card draw, I will send skill card hands to players, followed by loyalty cards. This evening I will post the starting gameboard onto the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Miller
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, sorry lost track of time!

I choose Starbuck, and draw 1 Tactics, 1 Piloting, 1 Leadership

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Skill cards will be on their way shortly, followed by loyalty cards. After everything is in place, the game shall commence with the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skill cards have been sent, Loyalty cards have been sent, the destiny deck has been populated, the President has received her quorum card, and the admiral has been given the arming codes for the nukes. I'd say it's time for this game to begin!

So, with no further ado...

DRADIS CONTACT! BASESTAR AND THREE RAIDERS AT SECTOR 1! TWO UNPROTECTED CIVILIAN SHIPS IN SECTOR 4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.