Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
All copies of Triumvirate were dropped off at the Post Office this morning. People in line behind me were not to happy waiting for all 21 international packages to be metered!

I expect that copies of the game will start arriving as early as tomorrow (if you live in northern california), and most in the US should arrive by end of week.

Included in the game is a new "Advanced Scoring Variant", this presents new play possibilities and gives an option to play multiple rounds where the winner is a bit more interesting than just extending the number of rounds.

Please feel free to contact me if there are any missing parts, damaged items and/or rule questions.

I look forward to your feedback and hope that you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
T Worthington wrote:
I expect that copies of the game will start arriving as early as tomorrow (if you live in northern california)

Oh, oh, oh...I hope so! Looking forward to it, especially as tomorrow is my regular game night. If it does arrive tomorrow and I can parse the rules over dinner, might try a few hands as the warm-up as folks arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Travis!!!

Richard, the rules are fairly simple and very easy to understand. You should be able to play after one read-through, no problem. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been fun watching the progress of the games creeping across the US. 2 games were delivered yesterday, today I expect that all the orders in the western US will be delivered, as will copies bound for St Louis and both North & South Carolina.

(in case you can't tell I am a little passionate about this game)

I will be posting a picture on how to get the game in the box if you use card sleeves. It can be done, but I would recommend using penny sleeves. A geekgold tip to anyone that posts the solution in a picture before I do. One hint - you'll want to fold the rules one more time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
T Worthington wrote:
It can be done, but I would recommend using penny sleeves. A geekgold tip to anyone that posts the solution in a picture before I do. One hint - you'll want to fold the rules one more time.

And my copy of the game is at home, so can't play along. (Yes, I was one of the two delivered yesterday.)

Am surprised about the rules comment as I am finding the difficulty is with the consulate pawn size and the amount of the box space (thicknes in the lid) taken up by the 4 playing boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitting on the east coast...waiting...waiting...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
T Worthington wrote:
It can be done, but I would recommend using penny sleeves. A geekgold tip to anyone that posts the solution in a picture before I do. One hint - you'll want to fold the rules one more time.

And my copy of the game is at home, so can't play along. (Yes, I was one of the two delivered yesterday.)

Am surprised about the rules comment as I am finding the difficulty is with the consulate pawn size and the amount of the box space (thicknes in the lid) taken up by the 4 playing boards.

Ok one more hint then - you'll need to think in three dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a picture of getting everything in the box after you sleeve the cards.

Put three of the tableaus in the top lid, and rest the heads of the consultates on the cards. You'll need to fold the rules again in half as well so you can put the rules over the cards/discs but not on top of the consultates heads.

Its a tight fit, but not so tight that the consulates would damage the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
T Worthington wrote:
Put three of the tableaus in the top lid

I will try this tonight, but curious to know where does the 4th tableau go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
on the bottom, or you could put all four on top. Putting the tableaus on the top allows the cards to fit within the box so they don't get caught accidently when you close the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
In penny sleeves, it just works especially if I leave the rules out. Even that is a snug fit.

But I have thicker sleeves, so resorted to a similar solution, but am leaving the rules/tableau out (stored in their own baggie). Seems to be the best solution for me as I prefer thicker sleeves.

Now to get the game played instead of stored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Tomassi
United States
Melvindale
Michigan
flag msg tools
I live in a suburb of Detroit and my copy arrived this morning,
Friday 9/11/09. It looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today in PA today (9/11), thanks! Looking forward to playing it this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine in South Carolina today. Hope to give it a try tonight.

Got in a game with my wife tonight. Fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed #19 has arrived in NE Massachusetts on 9/14.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Figueras

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Copy #5 arrived in Barcelona yesterday. Nice production, Travis!

But you should have warned everybody that in fact there are two games in one package: 1) "Triumvirate", and 2) "How to fit all that stuff back into the box".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oersted wrote:

But you should have warned everybody that in fact there are two games in one package: 1) "Triumvirate", and 2) "How to fit all that stuff back into the box". :D

With the variants then that would be 5 games!

I might put a poll up, but would be interested if people thought it would be better to reduce the number of pieces there are many ways to do so but that might confuse the description of in the rules.

At the momemnt my preffered thought is to combine the tableaus (Europa & Curria Hostilia) into a 3x3 matrix. The 3 rows would correspond to the colors. Using only a set of 9 campaign markers to advance across the columns for each trick one until that color won the hand, and would thus be (and reamin) in the 3rd column. The marker would be stacked on top of the existing markers in that row for each subsequent hand won for that color.

So instead of 6 campaign markers and 9 consulate figures there would be only 9 (stackable) campaign markers.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just called and informed me that my "translator copy" arrived today in Paris! Thank you, Travis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
Oersted wrote:

But you should have warned everybody that in fact there are two games in one package: 1) "Triumvirate", and 2) "How to fit all that stuff back into the box".

With the variants then that would be 5 games!

I might put a poll up, but would be interested if people thought it would be better to reduce the number of pieces there are many ways to do so but that might confuse the description of in the rules.

At the momemnt my preffered thought is to combine the tableaus (Europa & Curria Hostilia) into a 3x3 matrix. The 3 rows would correspond to the colors. Using only a set of 9 campaign markers to advance across the columns for each trick one until that color won the hand, and would thus be (and reamin) in the 3rd column. The marker would be stacked on top of the existing markers in that row for each subsequent hand won for that color.

So instead of 6 campaign markers and 9 consulate figures there would be only 9 (stackable) campaign markers.

Thoughts?

I don't have a problem with the components. Unless the reduction would substantially reduce the cost of the game, I would leave as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.