Joe Brumfield
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried playing this without having money totals open knowledge. Maybe play with paper money (or poker chips). I think it might add to the tension not knowing what eveyone else can do.
Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does use open money. The money track makes it pretty hard to hide your cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
The game does use open money. The money track makes it pretty hard to hide your cash.

If you'd read the post he was suggesting using poker chips to hide it

And no, I haven't tried it. It would make the auctions a little more stressful since right now you can intentionally bid just enough to knock someone out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops. It must be too early in the morning for me. The thread title must have thrown me. blush

And I think if you enjoy hidden money there's no reason not to try it with TT. Would probably make the math easier. As it is I like the open money since it puts pressure on players to keep their money totals high enough to contest the auctions. Creates some interesting decisions with regards to how much to invest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.