Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only had FOF for a few days but I have noticed several posts re reshuffling the deck so frequently.
I thought I would carefully lay out the cards on a flat bed copier and print them on heavy cardstock. This would double the number of cards. If I copied on both sides of the cardstock (would have to be very careful lining them up on the platen)then I would 3 times as many cards. I would not shuffle all the cards together. First I would play through the official deck and then the homemade deck. Turn over the homemade deck and run through that set on the other side. Then reshuffle each deck separately and start again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are treating the decks like tichu where you play through the 1 deck and switch decks. I think that is a good idea and even better if you could reasonably purchase official decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Savage
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did that myself, bought three copies of FoF so I wouldn't have to shuffle the decks so much. Now if I can only figure out these rules...shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
So you are treating the decks like tichu where you play through the 1 deck and switch decks. I think that is a good idea and even better if you could reasonably purchase official decks

I would rather purchase additional decks if reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could just use the Vassal module. Even if you want to retain the board game 'feel', you can use the Vassal module to deal/shuffle the card deck and do everything else on your tabletop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
moriarty88 wrote:
You could just use the Vassal module. Even if you want to retain the board game 'feel', you can use the Vassal module to deal/shuffle the card deck and do everything else on your tabletop.

I use enough computers at work I would rather pay an extra 10 or 15$ and not have to see one at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
moriarty88 wrote:

I use enough computers at work I would rather pay an extra 10 or 15$ and not have to see one at home.

ditto
One of the reasons I got into boardgaming is to get away from staring at the computer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.