United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Who should be the next playable characters?
When fantasyflight games releases the next (and possibly last) expansion, who should be the 4 human characters? By category.
12. Who should be the next Political leader?
Billy
Tory Foster
Romo Lampkin
Lee (card remake)
13. Who should be the next Military Leader?
Felix Gaeta
Lee (card remake)
14. Who should be the next Pilot?
Samuel Anders
Athena
Hotdog
Racetrack
15. Who should be the next Support character?
Doc Cottle
Cally
Romo Lampkin
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Should Boomer be remade into a Cylon Leader?
yes
no
17. Would you like to see an 5th character class with its own special rules?
Yes
No
      115 answers
Poll created by bungeeboy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed Seelix in the Support category. We've got a Military Leader who can pilot a Viper, adding a Support character who can pilot a Viper would keep the percentage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted "Yes" on the Boomer question but I should clarify. I would actually rather see Athena appear as a cylon leader.

As a I mentioned elsewhere, Boomer is already the perfect representation of the "sleeper phase" mechanic. If make Boomer a cylon leader, the sleeper phase doesn't make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, Athena is the perfect representation of a "sympathetic agenda" and of course the "infiltration" mechanics. She's really a no brainer for the role.

Even if the two are picked together in the same game, there is no real problem. The fact that the two Sharons have completely different goals and motivations completely fits with the plot.

Edit - Basically I'd have liked a multiple choice question - "Who should be a new cylon leader?" with options, "Boomer" "Athena" "D'Anna" could throw Simon and Doral in but I doubt anyone would pick them ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for Romo Lampkin! I always liked that character, myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair Riding
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Athena and D'anna for Cylon leaders, all the way. I think the game could stand two more of those. Athena and Boomer are two separate and distinct characters... who just happen to be played by the same actress.

Romo was never developed beyond being a spooky lawyer with a Norman Bates-like love for his cat.

What I'm really wondering about for the next expansion, is will they include a
cylon civil war and a Galactica mutiny?
and how will they do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:

Edit - Basically I'd have liked a multiple choice question - "Who should be a new cylon leader?" with options, "Boomer" "Athena" "D'Anna" could throw Simon and Doral in but I doubt anyone would pick them ;-)

I contemplated posting that question, but I feel quite sure that D'anna and Doral are obvious next choices. I also think that one of the number 8's will likely be found there.
There is a nice doral fanmade here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/543894. With a little tweak to his weakness and once-per-game, I think this could well pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Cottle. Support.
1 Politics, 1 leadership, 3 engineering. Start location: sick bay.

You may move to sickbay. You ignore the text on sickbay.
Skilled Physician: Action - If you are in sickbay, you may discard a "Repair" skill card to move one player in sickbay to another location on galactica (not the "brig" location). If at the Medical Center, the player is moved onto another New Caprica location (not the "detention center").

Morpha Injections: Once per game, if a player is about to go to sickbay, you may go instead. The player remains in their location. If that location no longer exists (destroyed pegasus, destroyed colonial one, or damaged/destroyed viper), the player is executed.

Dammit Adama, I'm a Doctor, not a...! You may not use the text on the "Repair" or "Strategic Planning" skill cards.

I feel this modernized doc cottle to handle the expansion, and gives him a whopper once-a-game for a potential cylon. Breaks the sick bay rule, I feel, without breaking the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Husso
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, people have voted totally wrong laugh
(Only Felix was voted right!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keenan kahnemouii
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="MasterDinadan"]I voted "Yes" on the Boomer question but I should clarify. I would actually rather see Athena appear as a cylon leader.
q]

It would be Boomer that would be the Cylon Leader, Athena was a good Sharon model.

Remember that Pythian rophecy speak of a lower demond that helps guide humanity to there salvation.

Hmmm how do i speak outside of the quote???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
bsushort wrote:
No love for Romo Lampkin! I always liked that character, myself.

I like him too. I feel he'd be more appropriate in the expansion after next. The next expansion should really cover the rest of season 3 (maybe from episode 3.5 to 4.1) and then Season four needs its own expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather see Sam as a military leader and pilot (and yes, I know we already have one. But I think of Sam as the rebel leader on Caprica and New Caprica, more than as a pilot. Especially since the only time I remeber him actually piloting a Viper was when he got a retina scan).

I voted for him as a pilot over Athena, but I would rather have Athena in the set with her once a game ability to choose which loyalty card to keep, discarding the others, at the second drawing. Pick a side and stick with it, yes.

I would rather Felix be a support character, much as D and Chief are, but I voted for the Doc without him as a choice.

And Tory needs to be in the set but I don't know how exactly. I think she fits better as a leader then I would go for Romo or Billy (poor Billy)

So in summary, Romo or Billy or Tory as politician, Sam as military leader, Athena as pilot, and Felix as support would have been my preferred list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the next two Cylon Leaders should be D'Anna and Natalie. Natalie was a way more important character than any of the Dorals or Simons on the show.

My problem with Sam as a Military Leader is that he'd basically have the same skillset as Helo, but I have real problems coming up with another Military Leader to make after (or before*) Gaeta. And the sparseness of the category is why Gaeta will definitely be a Military Leader.

I think Cally will definitely make it in at some point. Currently there aren't any Support characters with PVP abilities, (which I'd expect her to have) so she'd be genuinely different from the Chief from that point of view.

Athena is another candidate for a Support position (after all, she spent season 2 in the Brig), but I think she's more iconic as a Pilot.

Tory Foster and Romo Lampkin are locks to be made as cards, IMO.

* My gut feeling is that Gaeta will be saved for the last expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
We need Tory and Anders. I am in favor of Anders being military. Hot Dog could be the next pilot, just because he was in so many episodes (37, but I wouldn't play him myself). For support Callie or Cottle, but Gaeta was in more episodes.

The poll neglected to ask which Cylon Leader we want next. I would prefer the odd numbered cylons (I guess Simon is the only even we don't already have anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm thinking there'll only be one more expansion -- Pegasus takes us into the first quarter or so of the third season, so there's just not that much show left. So, we really NEED to see
the rest of the Final Five and Gaeta,
and I'd rather have Cottle than Romo or Cally.

Billy's dead in much of the time frame the expansion covers. I don't think he'll ever be a character to play as. I'm thinking Cally's out as well -- not only does she die early in the last season, she has similar duties on the ship as the chief, so there's not much they could do with her, I think.

I'm also against reworking current characters (it would make things extra confusing), though Athena could be a good additional Sharon character. I'm not really sure what a new character type could even be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.