Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Scadden
United States
Clarksville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel dumb for asking this question but i've been having countless debates over this but here it is.

Is the left, center, and right sections the same for both players?

As in one player sees their side from their left to their right as left wing, center, and right wing. and the other person sees the board from their left to their right as right wing, center, and left wing?

or is what the player sees as their left wing on their left and their right wing on their right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Your side is determined by what you are looking at. So your Left is your opponent's right and vice versa. Obviously, the center is the same for both of you.

It is set up this way because if you draw a lot Left section cards, there will be ahigher proportion of Right section cards in the deck and your opponent is more likely to draw those cards. Since your left is the same as his right section, you should have more battles in this same section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Scadden
United States
Clarksville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow thx for the very speedy reply. I can go to sleep now. thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
Land O Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way of saying it is: Left and Right are relative to the side on which you are sitting.

Now, if I could only figure out if it is my center or his center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the Counter attack exception though.

If your opponent uses a left flank attack and you counter attack, you must do so on the same flank, which in this case would be your right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Don't forget the Counter attack exception though.

If your opponent uses a left flank attack and you counter attack, you must do so on the same flank, which in this case would be your right.

You mean my OTHER Left right? (yes this is meant as a joke for those not getting it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.