Hide
8 Posts

Dominion: Intrigue» Forums » Rules

Subject: pair of secret chambers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Calhoun
msg tools
rules question: if my opponent plays an attack and I have two secret chambers, do I draw 4 and replace 4 or do I draw 2 and replace two twice in a row (which is the same as just doing it once).

it says in the intrigue rules that you can reveal multiple reaction cards, but gives the example of moat and secret chamber.

Also, if my opponent plays minion for +2 coin, can I secret chamber, or is that only if the minion does the discard effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
You always resolve a card in its entirety before resolving another one. So, playing two secret chambers in response to an attack is no better than one.

You can play a secret chamber in response to a minion even if the player chooses +2 coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Similarly, you can play a Secret Chamber in response to a Witch or Torturer even if the Curse pile has run out, rendering them harmless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the responses, except I would replace "play" with "reveal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
/begin tangent

I'm sorry, must be my mind today, but I was just reading another thread that referred to the game Busen Memo, saw this thread's title, and then read the most recent posting.

It continues to amaze me how references to Busen Memo seem to find their way throughout BGG...

/end tangent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noon wrote:
You can play a secret chamber in response to a minion even if the player chooses +2 coin.

To elaborate, "Attack" is just a label. An attack card is any card that says "Attack" on it. Simple as that. Whether the card does something disagreeable to you doesn't enter into how the label is to be understood.

There are cards whose effect you may regret (like Masquerade) that are not attacks, and attacks (like Minion, or the second Militia in a round) that may have no effect on you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noon wrote:

In fact, Donald's ruled in another thread (Too lazy to find the link, but I'll look for it if you need to) that you reveal Reaction cards when the Minion hits the table, before the decision is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
noon wrote:

In fact, Donald's ruled in another thread (Too lazy to find the link, but I'll look for it if you need to) that you reveal Reaction cards when the Minion hits the table, before the decision is made.

That was in doubt? The reaction cards clearly say to reveal them when the attack card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.