Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The 2009 Fall Gaming Hoopla Math Trade - Discussion - RESULTS POSTED! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a S.E. Wisconsin no-ship math trade.

Trade Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46049
Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46051

On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event.
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.

Key Dates & Times (CENTRAL TIME):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Thursday, September 17 (10:00 PM)
Want list submission period: Thursday, September 17 (10:00 PM) until Monday, September 21 (10:00 PM) Results about an hour thereafter!

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm an hour late posting something or I make a mistake, please bear with me. Running one of these can be a fair bit of work and a bit confusing the first time. Thank you.

Rules:

1) This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but please note that this is a no-ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 1:00 pm to exchange games traded and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the 2009 Fall Gaming Hoopla (in Lake Geneva, WI).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/414879

If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate but you must find someone who is willing to act as you proxy at the convention, taking your games there for you and picking up your "winnings".

2) Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them. If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces.), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).

3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted (i.e. You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for GG). Cash offerings will NOT be permitted.

4) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/RPGs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.

Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

5a) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).

b) For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.

c) For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.

d) Please list if the game is coming from a smoke free environment or not.

e) If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

f) If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (ie. if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).

g) If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or smoking details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home.

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

[ gameid=xxxx ]

[ imageid=yyyy ]

Remove the spaces and put in the appropriate ID numbers.

7) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985).

8) Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

9) As moderator, I reserve the right to ask you to remove any entries which I feel are unsuitable, but I can't think of too many things which would fall into that category. Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Other useful information:

OLWLG Guides:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you've never used the OLWLG before:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.

Sage Advice from Jack (who helped me with my first math trade):

Note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honour your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before sending them in. You can make changes via the OLWLG at any time before the end of the submission period but not after it.

After reading this, please feel free to ask OLWLG-related questions in the discussion thread. Many of us have used it before and will be happy to help.

So enter lots of items and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The 2009 Fall Gaming Hoopla Math Trade - Discussion
# Item count: 265
# Users with items: 18

# MISSING 11 WANTS (4.1%) FROM 3 USER(s) (16.6%):
# l10n0fjudah (1)
# Spacehulk (6)
# tyoda (4)

95.9% of the participants submitted want lists. That is not bad.

Unfortunately, three participants did not add their lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
56 out of 254 items traded (22.0%).

Of those who submitted a wants list, only one person did not get any trades (sorry, brinksw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking about how unproductive it is to put card games (my favorite!) up on a shipping math trade because sometimes the postage costs more than the game. That is not a problem with no ship math trades!

For my own selfish reasons, I want to encourage people to put up their cards games - heavy or filler or whatever. You might get something cool in the trade!

Hope you have fun on this math trade. Thanks for the encouragement to run my first one. I am excited to learn more about them. I welcome any help or advice offered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added some items to the request list

Cate- I'll need a proxy for the event, would you be available?

As far as card games go, I have a copy of Triumvirate that should be here any day. If my wife doesn't like it, I'll put it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I can proxy for you. You work on the Eastside, right? (I could have this wrong, though.) Why don't you drop them off one day after work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Noe
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Love live the Empress!
badge
For the Motherland!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering doing this MathTrade as my very first MathTrade, but I also need a proxy (I live in Tosa and am happy to bring games to people, if I do this). I'll check with my "better half" to see what there is we are looking to trade, but any takers if I decide to participate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem like a fine young man. I will be your proxy if you can get the games to the Eastside. I live a few blocks behind the Oriental Theater.

Go Pack! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Sure, I can proxy for you. You work on the Eastside, right? (I could have this wrong, though.) Why don't you drop them off one day after work?

Nope, I work in Brookfield, I'll shoot you a PM once we get closer and we'll figure it out. (Assuming that I have a trade or two )

I'll see you tomorrow night, I'm still bringing bean dip. My wife & I might have to cut it short depending on how the 4 month old is doing, but we hope to fit in a couple short games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can work it out... maybe meet half way. I work in Greenfield not far from Game Universe. Is that an option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brinksw wrote:

I'll see you tomorrow night, I'm still bringing bean dip. My wife & I might have to cut it short depending on how the 4 month old is doing, but we hope to fit in a couple short games

That is great! Please bring your own liquid refreshments. I have no idea what to get that will please everyone.

Is this the first time the baby has been with a babysitter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I will make the Hoopla, but if anyone would be able to proxy for me I have a few games I'd like to add to this trade.

I'm in the Oshkosh area.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We might be able to work something out. Can you get the games to Jamie? Can you put them on a Greyhound Bus? Do you travel to Green Bay?

Write to me and we can figure something out.

Cate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Added as a "Special Event" to the Fall Gaming Hoopla Event geeklist.

Thanks Cate for all your work on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a reminder that I am willing to be a proxy for anyone who needs it on this math trade.

I would love to see more entries. Please list your games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
w00t! Now we are cooking with gas. We surpassed the Gen Con list (not that anyone was, you know, counting).

Seriously, what could be more fun than going to a game convention and walking out with games!

Thank you everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
historyguy71 wrote:

Thanks.

Could you provide a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44587

Cate108 wrote:
historyguy71 wrote:

Thanks.

Could you provide a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add a game or two, but I will need a proxy if I make a trade. Thanks for the MT Cate, and thanks also for the proxy offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I will add a game or two, but I will need a proxy if I make a trade. Thanks for the MT Cate, and thanks also for the proxy offer.

List those games, Mister! I've proxied for you in the past so we know we can work it out. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are only 22 items short of 200. We can do it... list those games!

We also need some more folks to participate. Please join in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention NW Suburban gamers:

I will be able to drop games off before 1PM and swing by sometime after 1PM for this math trade. So if you can get me the games at the Thursday September 24 Games Plus board game night or drop them off at my house (geekmail me for my address and to set up a time), then feel free to enter your games. Join the fun.

We are only limited by the trunk of our Chevy Impala.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I relisted Odin's Ravens #179, since I wanted to state a condition which was somewhat worse than I had previously stated.

It had been shipped to me from Canada in a bubble mailer last week, and I had listed it based upon memory. Needless to say I was a bit surprised at the shipping packaging it was sent to me, which led to the condition being as it is.

So I don't want the person who may get it to be disappointed as I was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, I did update the condition of Dark Tower with more specifics. The condition is essentially the same as stated previously--and I had said that I had to update the condition in the initial listing.

So in this case, unless you suggest otherwise Cate, I am going to keep that item as the original item, and add a comment below it again to flag it... as well as posting the update in a way which ought to make it visible on the OLWLG.

Shoot me a GM if you think I should relist...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.