Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game in the early 90s, it wasn't mine, and I don't remember a whole lot of exact details about it. I would love to at least be able to remember which game it was.

It has a fantasy theme, I think with wizards and magic. It has a main playing board, not very large, I remember it being slightly larger than the scoreboard of Carcassonne. It had rings with spaces. Each player moved their piece around the board with a di(e/ce)roll. You could choose to move into the next inner ring (might need to have matched certain minimum requirements). Inner rings brought more rewards but also more dangers/challenges I think. There might have been gold/money, not sure. At the most inner center of the board was the goal, I am not sure if it was a teleportation ring out of the universe of the game, or a dragon with booty, or perhaps neither. I know there were a bunch of expansions for the game, which added extra little game boards you could move out onto from the main game board. Moving around was for collecting items/gold(?) that would help you get past the goal at the center of the board. I think you could choose to move your piece clockwise or anti-clockwise.

I think the game is from the 80s, I don't know the publisher, I looked trough the list of Avalon Hill and I don't think it's theirs. I am pretty sure that if I see a photo of the game being played I would recognize it. Anybody have any idea, I don't think it is was a very rare game, so someone must know it?

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Don't remember title of a game I played long ago... Can you help plz?
Sounds like Talisman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz Eggert
Germany
Munich/Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't sound like "Talisman", it IS Talisman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I probably played Talisman 2nd ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Garbanzo
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bdegroot wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I probably played Talisman 2nd ed.

If second edition Talisman was "long ago," then you'll all have to excuse me while I go chase the kids off of my lawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game 15 years ago and have not seen it since. For me that is long ago. You are excused .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
United Kingdom
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The guy who invented Talisman, Bob Harris, has self-published a follow-up - Mythgardia - which has been reviewed on BGG.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/45351
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.