Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I call them pink cards, but to my amazement, a lot of people I've played with call the color purple... odd indeed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Riggs
United States
Missouri Valley
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odd, i have always called them pink too, in fact my whole family calls them pink

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
It's officially purple. That's what the computer game calls it. (I don't recall the colour being named anywhere else.)

The cards got a lot more purple in later games/editions than in the 1st Edition of TTR, too. (I don't remember whether they made them more purple between 1st and 2nd Edition of the basic game, but Europe certainly had purpler cards than in the original game.)

Right from the start, I remember debates concerning whether the cards were pink or purple. Sometimes I've called them lavender just to not take sides in the argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
oh come on, they're definately not lavender...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always called them purple, but then I've played with people who've called them pink. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot pink #FF69B4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple. Definitely purple. All other opinions are declared invalid by the Color Code Authority form 60.135.440 paragraph 89 section 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinkle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always tell newbies that purple/lavendar/pink, are the same differences in this game and to just keep that in mind. I have seen a game where a player didn't know about this and thought he coulnd't lay certain routes b/c his pink train cards couldn't be used on purple colored routes, even though the colors matched when you compared them side by side

Wraith wrote:
It's officially purple. That's what the computer game calls it. (I don't recall the colour being named anywhere else.)
I've seen the Xbox Live Arcade implementation of the game and it IS annoying how red and orange look very much alike. Can be difficult to get into Las Vegas b/c of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
I've seen the Xbox Live Arcade implementation of the game and it IS annoying how red and orange look very much alike. Can be difficult to get into Las Vegas b/c of that.

That was actually a real problem with the first edition of the game (in board format). Red and orange looked very similar. There was definitely a tweak of the orange with the second edition.

With the first edition, there was also some debate over whether the orange was orange, or whether it was brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We call it, "Mindflayer Mauve".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pink.

My crazy wife calls them purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.