Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to say I do not work for this company and I don't know them. All I am is a happy customer after I bought a custom bag from them for my Field of Glory Army and my Cowboy figs for Warhammer Old West game.

Battlefoam now has a kit that fits in the Space Hulk box that protects everything and is in my opinion offered at a reasonable price. I want to avoid sounding like a sales person so check out their website but I do want to say I am 10000% impressed with their products, much better than their competition (a bit more expensive too but it is worth it.).

http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=187&catid=62&ret=cata...

If you just want the figure tray it is $15 plus shipping:
http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=226&catid=66&ret=cata...

It was around $32 shipped. Now I don't have to worry about damaging the figs or the cardboard pieces.

If you just want the figure tray and not the deluxe kit it is $15 plus shipping:
http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=226&catid=66&ret=cata...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wright
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Anyone know of a UK distributor for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine the day it came out.

Unfortunately, they just shipped it yesterday. cry Oh well, very excited to use this one I get it in my hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/437238/page/1

It's discussed on that thread as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None I know of yet..still a pretty small company that is working 24 hours a day to fill orders because they have become extremely popular in the minis world. When I ordered from them at Gen Con it was the owner and his wife. I ended up talking to his wife several times to make sure my custom order was exactly what I wanted. Great small service but I expect that means they are still a small company...of course most gaming companies are small come to think of it operating out of their homes usually. My custom order took around four weeks where this order he said should take about a week to send out. I don't know what shipping would be but probably not cheap. Send them an email to see if they have a distributor. I mean as far as I am concerned England is the center of the world for minis... no sarcasm a ton of minis companies are from the U.K. so it would only make sense for them to have a distributor there sometime in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops didn't see the post....sorry for the double listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven colby
United States
mount laurel
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But you kow what...that thread is buried....This thread system had over 28 pages of threads....Im ok with this being a double posted thread...There are alot of people that did not see the first thread. So thanks again for this double posted thread.. The link is great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I like them but the shipping cost from Battlefoam/USA is a crazy price. Hopefully there is a UK distributor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy The Hutt
Italy
Ferrara
Ferrara (FE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimaera wrote:
Quote:

I like them but the shipping cost from Battlefoam/USA is a crazy price. Hopefully there is a UK distributor.

If you found some, let me know. Order that beauty from USA to Italy will be a total suicide. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCheese wrote:
But you kow what...that thread is buried....This thread system had over 28 pages of threads....Im ok with this being a double posted thread...There are alot of people that did not see the first thread. So thanks again for this double posted thread.. The link is great too.

Thanks, yeah, the thread was probably buried 10 or 15 pages into the forums - finding it wasn't easy unless you knew about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shiner22 wrote:
Hi,

Of course, some brave soul could organise a Group Buy for UK people. Reduces the cost of shipping (especially if there's a way to avoid having to post them on once in the UK), and if the order's big enough maybe a discount from the manufacturer.

I'm not volunteering, mind you, but would put my name down for a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got an email, mine is on the magic Package Fairy sled! ho! ho! ho! Merry Hulkmass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HauRuck wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
I just got an email, mine is on the magic Package Fairy sled! ho! ho! ho! Merry Hulkmass!

It's been a week for me with no shipping update at all. I'd have less of an issue with that if they were a little more honest and forthcoming on their website towards that end. Reality is I'm about ready to cancel my order altogether if I don't here something soon. They certainly didn't wait to charge my credit card.

Give them a call...seriously and talk to them about your order. If you watch the video on their website under new news they explicitly say they have fallen behind on all of their custom orders and sometimes it will take four weeks (your order is not a custom order luckily). They are a very small business (husband and wife) with a few workers. They only had a few hundred in stock and sold out quickly (I talked to them yesterday) and are now behind on their orders for this product. I don't think there is any dishonesty, deception, or shenanigans going on. I think they would love to get all of their orders done asap.

I don't think there is a massive customer base for plastic figure foam so companies like this are not going to be a national chain superstore with thousands of pieces ready to ship. I think once you call them you will either decide to keep your order or cancel it but I don't think you will come away thinking they are trying to take you for a ride.

It took them awhile in order to get my order for my custom case (three weeks) but I am extremely satisfied. I had a Sabol Army transport and my battle foam replacement case just destroys Sabol in quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HauRuck wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:
HauRuck wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

It's been a week for me with no shipping update at all. I'd have less of an issue with that if they were a little more honest and forthcoming on their website towards that end. Reality is I'm about ready to cancel my order altogether if I don't here something soon. They certainly didn't wait to charge my credit card.

Give them a call...seriously and talk to them about your order. If you watch the video on their website under new news they explicitly say they have fallen behind on all of their custom orders and sometimes it will take four weeks (your order is not a custom order luckily). They are a very small business (husband and wife) with a few workers. They only had a few hundred in stock and sold out quickly (I talked to them yesterday) and are now behind on their orders for this product. I don't think there is any dishonesty, deception, or shenanigans going on. I think they would love to get all of their orders done asap.

I don't think there is a massive customer base for plastic figure foam so companies like this are not going to be a national chain superstore with thousands of pieces ready to ship. I think once you call them you will either decide to keep your order or cancel it but I don't think you will come away thinking they are trying to take you for a ride.

It took them awhile in order to get my order for my custom case (three weeks) but I am extremely satisfied. I had a Sabol Army transport and my battle foam replacement case just destroys Sabol in quality.

I just got a shipping notice from them. But to be clear my original purchase intent was so that I could safely ship my space hulk figures elsewhere and back for painting. If I didn't get it soon it ruined the whole reason for the purchase in the first place. Had I known of the delay I would have just fixed up some other packaging method instead.

Now the painting guys are backlogged with hundreds of other SH painting requests.

Ah the joys of our hobby. I have been trying to order ten western buildings from Hawgleg for the past year. They just put up an add to pre-order their buildings. Six weeks ago I ordered some and still have not received an email simply stating we got your order. In the minis world this kind of service is all too common so I suppose I have come to think a few weeks is super fast.
Good luck with your minis and I hope they turn out awesome. You should also make sure you request receiving the foam back...seriously otherwise they might throw it away or keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked around my mates and we're putting together a joint order locally. Ssix of us thus far, ordering seven (or nine, once our last member has made his mind up) sets of trays.

We're bringing these in at £20 a set after shipping, import duty, exchange rates and the like.

Sending them further afield in the UK would be pricey though, so I'd not personally get involved in that side of things. I'm strictly dealing with physically swapping cash for product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.