Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Questions: max value on dice and peeking through corners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is 6 the max value of a die or can it go over 6?

Thunder Hammer Sergeant rolls a 6 in melee against a Genestealer who rolls 5,5 and 6. Does he tie or kill the Genestealer?

Thunder Hammer Sergeant rolls a 6 in melee against a Broodlord who rolls 2,3 and 4. Does he tie or kill the Broodlord?

Thunder Hammer Sergeant rolls a 6 in melee against a Broodlord who rolls 2,5 and 5. Does he tie or kill the Broodlord?

Does a Space Marine have LOS on Genestealer when he is facing a wall and there is a Genestealer on his NorthEast or 1 o'clock / 2 o'clock position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Die values can go over 6. Remember that all bonuses only apply to attacks on the Marine's front (except the Guard re-roll, that applies no matter the direction of attack).

I think in your second question you're showing a 2 square wide corridor with a Genestealer right next to a Marine. If that's the case, the Marine cannot see the Genestealer (the squares to the immediate right and left of a Marine are out of LOS -- bad peripheral vision I guess).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No sorry, my ASCII messed up.

Here is what it should've been:

Does a Space Marine have LOS on Genestealer when he is facing a wall and there is a Genestealer on his NorthEast or 1 o'clock / 2 o'clock position?

EGEEE
EWMWE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my understanding, yes he has LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haggis wrote:
If that's the case, the Marine cannot see the Genestealer (the squares to the immediate right and left of a Marine are out of LOS -- bad peripheral vision I guess).

Unless he uses his Sensorium to look through the eyes of a near-by battle brother...

Got to love the systems embedded in Tactical Dreadnought Armour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Price of Knowledge is Despair
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kookoobah wrote:
No sorry, my ASCII messed up.

Here is what it should've been:

EGEEE
EWMWE

Yes, he has a 45 degree LOS to either side of straight ahead.

Thunder Hammer vs GS/Broodlord: The GS/Broodlord would only roll 2 dice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.