Ok, I have made a mission template out of GW's "Mission 13" document.
This could be useful for giving your missions a professional look and have them be consistant with other missions.
- Microsoft Word .doc format (2003 version)
- OpenOffice.org Writer .odt format (ver 3)
- For those who have neither, or want to use a graphics design program, here are the raw background images for the two pages:
These files were not saved as Word, or OpenOffice, templates.
I don't know how to do that sort of thing...
So, keep an unadulterated copy of the template somewhere to use on the next mission.
So, the process would basicly be:
- Fill in the title and text boxes. The fonts in the template are Times New Roman (title) and Arial (text boxes), for the sake of common availability. However, if you have access to fonts "ITC FritzQuadrata" (title) and "Frutiger Bold" (text) you will seem more in line with GW's mission book. If your text is too great to fit within the text boxes, try making the font smaller. If you still need more room... Well, you will just have to get creative.
- Insert your mission's map image onto page 2. The easiest way to do this is: Deselect everything. Press Ctrl+End on the keyboard. This will move the cursor to the top center of the second page. From there, do an "Insert Picture" command.
Note: OpenOffice Writer has an "Export to PDF" option in it's file menu. That is handy!
- Last edited Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 pm
OOK! OOK! OOK!
So come on blokes, post some cool missions.
Especially things like 4 player scenarios.