Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Space Hulk» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1st edition Flamer - Can Genestealers leave an area hit by the flamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is for the 1st edition flamer rules
I am trying to figure out what happens in the following scenario:
- My marine flames a section with 3 genestealers
- 2 of them die, but one survives
- according to the rules the genestealer can now freely move around in the area affected by the flames
What I am not sure about: Can the genestealer LEAVE the flamed area, i.e could my opponent use the surviving genestealer to charge at my marine with the flamer. Or does it only allow movement inside the flamed area?
I tried to find the answer in the Space Hulk Compendium, and I also tried online, but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the surviving model is free to move about as normal. In effect, surviving the initial blast lets them ignore the flame marker for movement purposes. However, no other model, stealer or marine, may do so. Just what survives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I call them Firewalkers. Marines love havin a flaming GS charge them (Well, that's how I described them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the better changes in 3rd Ed is that it's risky for them to move around. But in 1st Ed, they are free to roam (which usually makes the Marine player use up another round of Flame ammo, flame the room twice just to kill that one survivor, ugh).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's what I nearly expected.
I also assume the survivor(s) will be really angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.