Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a commercial for "The Jay Leno Show".

Didn't he, um, retire earlier this year?

Please tell me this is a bad dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't watch live tv much anymore (except a few sporting events), but I believe he gave the tonight show to Conan and now has a prime time talk show instead of a late night talk show. Someone else can correct me on the fine details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
Someone else can correct me on the fine details.

Basically, he realized he wasn't ready to give up the gig and pulled a Favre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
pulled a Favre.

Nice addition to the language... How long until it gets shortened to "Favred" and gets into the dictionary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
As some commentators (and even Leno himself) remarked: NBC is basically admitting they are unable to come up with an evening drama to fill the 1-hour slot just before the local news, so they are giving up and putting Leno there. He retired from the Tonight Show so Conan could move up, thus causing my wife and I to find something else to watch in that time slot. We've found Steven Colbert to be vastly funnier than Conan O'Brien. Actually, we really prefer Craig Ferguson to all of them, but he comes on way past our bed time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
thorndor wrote:
Someone else can correct me on the fine details.

Basically, he realized he wasn't ready to give up the gig and pulled a Favre.

Except that Favre himself pulled a Don Garlits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbespm wrote:
I just saw a commercial for "The Jay Leno Show".

Didn't he, um, retire earlier this year?

Please tell me this is a bad dream.

Whoa!!!!! I think we might in a time warp. I got a news bite on my phone this morning, and I quote: "Prime Minster Mulroney has appointed B-C Court of Appeal Justice Robert Bauman as the new Chief Justice of the B-C Supreme Court. Bauman replaces Donald Brenner who resigned earlier this year."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
Actually, we really prefer Craig Ferguson to all of them, but he comes on way past our bed time.

Wait! I've just had a brain-wave! A machine! A machine that can record TV programmes so you can watch them later. I dunno, I'm thinking, maybe on discs or tape YEAH a tape machine that has like a timer gizmo so you can set it up and it will tape a TV show while you sleep.

Man, if this doesn't make me a millionaire, nuttin will. Just need to think of a name. The Auto TV Tape Recording Device With Timer. The ATVTRDWT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just amazing that NBC is giving up 1/3 of their prime time schedule to Leno. It's amazing that they are just so tapped for ideas that this is the best they can do.

I also think this is a huge slap in the face for Conan. Instead of getting to take over the top late-night spot, he's still the "guy who comes on after Jay Leno" despite having the Tonight Show banner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
Actually, we really prefer Craig Ferguson to all of them, but he comes on way past our bed time.

Wait! I've just had a brain-wave! A machine! A machine that can record TV programmes so you can watch them later. I dunno, I'm thinking, maybe on discs or tape YEAH a tape machine that has like a timer gizmo so you can set it up and it will tape a TV show while you sleep.

Man, if this doesn't make me a millionaire, nuttin will. Just need to think of a name. The Auto TV Tape Recording Device With Timer. The ATVTRDWT!!!

Too wordy why not call it the alphadevice... No wait... Call it BetaMax!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.