Hide
3 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Redirected hits if a monster hits everyone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools
So I see that "I think he called you ugly" is ineffective if a monster attacks all players. What about cards like My Hero or Human Shield? Are those effective for doubling the damage on someone with a monster like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe somewhere the creator posted that if an attack hits all players, whoever played the "Ugly" card can redirect their character's damage to someone else.

Human Shield is usable by anyone who is about to take damage, so I would say that is also allowable...

EDIT: I was incorrect on the Ugly card - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/330282

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

"So I see that "I think he called you ugly" is ineffective if a monster attacks all players."

Yep. If the monster strikes all players, 'Ugly' is just a 5 point attack.

In a related topic, if dealing with a Token creature attack with multiple creatures/tokens attacking a single player, 'Ugly' may redirect ONE of those creature's attacks.

"What about cards like My Hero or Human Shield? Are those effective for doubling the damage on someone with a monster like that?"

Yes, this may certainly be done, even if the monster attacks all players. And yes, that is essentially doubling that damage on a player.

Thanks for the Q's

-Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.