Francesco Moggia
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a blip already moved, spending for instance three Action Points and it is spotted by a space marines can the revealed genestealers move in that turn, and if they can move how many action points do they have ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
fram wrote:
If a blip already moved, spending for instance three Action Points and it is spotted by a space marines can the revealed genestealers move in that turn, and if they can move how many action points do they have ?

This should never happen. You would have to reveal the blip before exposing the genestealers to the Marine.

If you ever move a blip and then reveal. The genestealers do not get any AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding any time there is an involunatry reveal the Genestealers lose all of their AP for the revealed units (if this is during a genestealer turn)...another reason to keep yourself hidden better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
This should never happen. You would have to reveal the blip before exposing the genestealers to the Marine.

If you ever move a blip and then reveal. The genestealers do not get any AP.

They could open a door, but you're right the resulting Genestealers would not be able to act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaFink wrote:
From my understanding any time there is an involunatry reveal the Genestealers lose all of their AP for the revealed units (if this is during a genestealer turn)...another reason to keep yourself hidden better

Your right whenever there is an involuntary reveal the genestealers do lose all their AP, but you also cannot move a blip into line of site of a terminator, the only way a blip can be involuntarily revealed would be if a terminator blocking line of site were to move out of the way or was killed in the genestealers turn, or a terminator uses command points to move to a location he can see the blip.(which is a good strategy somethimes since all the genestealers in the blip would lose all their AP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Xscreamist wrote:
DaFink wrote:

Your right whenever there is an involuntary reveal the genestealers do lose all their AP, but you also cannot move a blip into line of site of a terminator, the only way a blip can be involuntarily revealed would be if a terminator blocking line of site were to move out of the way or was killed in the genestealers turn, or a terminator uses command points to move to a location he can see the blip.(which is a good strategy somethimes since all the genestealers in the blip would lose all their AP)

I agree with everything you said. It doesn't happen often but when it does its pretty clear cut what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys certain? I thought I remember the rules stating that if a blip was involuntarily revealed during the GS turn, and that blip did not take any actions that turn, the newly revealed Stealers could still take their actions.

... I'll have to check that when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
you remember wrong. Its a new rule in 3 edition stating that you have to reveal the Genestealers before the blip moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
you remember wrong. Its a new rule in 3 edition stating that you have to reveal the Genestealers before the blip moves.

I think he remembers right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:

You're confusing the point, in the case we're Sushi Joe's talking about, there is no blip movement involved:

SushiJoe wrote:
if a blip was involuntarily revealed during the GS turn, and that blip did not take any actions that turn(emphasis mine), the newly revealed Stealers could still take their actions.

In other words,
1. There's a blip that hasn't done anything this turn (no movement)
2. A marine gets line of sight to it (there are several ways this could happen)(still GS turn)
3. Newly revealed genestealers can take their 6 actions? That's the question new question.

Edited for a bit more clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:

You're confusing the point, in the case we're talking about, there is no blip movement involved:

Oh right, I got distracted. I was replying to these guys:

DaFink wrote:
Xscreamist wrote:
DaFink wrote:
From my understanding any time there is an involunatry reveal the Genestealers lose all of their AP for the revealed units (if this is during a genestealer turn)...another reason to keep yourself hidden better :D

I agree with everything you said. It doesn't happen often but when it does its pretty clear cut what to do.

So, for the original question, blips can never voluntarily move within line of sight of a SM. Blips also cannot move THEN voluntarily reveal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SushiJoe wrote:
Oh right, I got distracted. I was replying to these guys:

Actually, I meant that Martin was confusing the issue when he said "Its a new rule in 3 edition stating that you have to reveal the Genestealers before the blip moves." Because this statement applies to neither the original question, nor the answer to the original question that DaFink & Xscreamist were discussing.

Original question: Blip moves, Involuntary reveal, do stealers move? (still GS turn of course)
Initial answer: No, they lose all their APs on involuntary reveal.

Sushi Joe thinks but needs to check: if a blip was involuntarily revealed during the GS turn, and that blip did not take any actions that turn, the newly revealed Stealers could still take their actions.

So your comment, Sushi Joe, was not confusing the issue since you were debating the answer to the original question.

I forget sometimes how easy it is to misinterpret in this medium

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take back my original statement in this post. GS can take there movement if they are revealed volunteerily or involunterily as long as the blip had not performed any actions that turn (in the genestealers turn of course).
The key is that the Blip did not make any actions, if a blip is volunterily revealed it has to occur before it takes any actions, period. If the blip moves it cannot reveal, and a blip cannot ever move into line of sight of a terminator (if it is done accidently it has to be returned to the first space it went thru that it wasn't in line of site at.)

Sorry for any confusion, that I may have caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.