Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside of the many card partnership games out there ... are there any good partnership boardgames ? (or even team vs. team games)

Not just looking for co-op games with a traitor element, or RPGs with a gamemaster/overlord.

thxs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure there are other ones out there, but here are the ones I know of and can recommend with various degrees of enthusiasm.

Risk: Star Wars – The Clone Wars Edition with four players this is a team game. Two people play the Republic and two people play the Confederation. In the beginning the Confederation has the deck stacked against them, but the longer they can hold out and survive the higher their chances are of successfully calling order 66 and reversing the game. I have only been able to play this game with four people a couple of times and I really enjoyed the experience. However, at it's core the game is still Risk which is may be a turn off for a lot of people.

Another game that has a partnership aspect is Little Italy. This simple dice game has an extremely interesting player dynamic when played with four to six people. Each person has two cars that they score negative or positive points on when the car makes it to a scoring disc. When played with four or more two different people score on each car. Thus, there can only be one winner but I am quasi-partners with two other people. The game is an absolute blast with six people.

While I have not yet had the opportunity to play this way, A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game has a team game where people play the game together in pairs against other pairs. Like I said, I have not played this way but I can see it working really, really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic and Arkham Horror are both co-op and the main reason I'm looking at getting them.

Shadows over Camelot is as well, but has a traitor element.

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game can be played team, but reviews say teaming up on the zombie side is a bit boring.

Also, check out the cooperative and co-op tagged games as many of them may fit the bill.

(And, as a side bonus, with this post a newbie learns about the 'game' code when posting...nice little feature.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dog is a card driven board game with a board that works similar to Sorry!/Pachisi but it uses cards instead of dice. I'm not sure if it's always played as a partner game as I've only played it once but when I played it, we used partners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that you own BattleLore. With two copies of the games, the Commands and Colors games can be play with multiple people per side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inkognito
Carolus Magnus
König von Siam
Meuterer (fleeting partnerships)

and some wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis & Allies - a full game is five people, three as Allied, two as Axis.

Memoir '44 - can be played with teams, even with a single set, but especially shines when you've got TWO sets, using the "overlord" rules, when you can have up to four people on each side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hunters and The Castle of the Devil are both team games, although players have to first figure out which other players are on their team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
Mr. President

An oldie but a goldie. can be played as two player or four player. When played by four it is two vs two. One player on each team is running for President the other player for Vice-president.

As mentioned above Inkognito is an intersting partnership game. You have two teams of two, the thing is you don't know who your partner is at the begining of the game. The main part of the game is working out who your partner is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bughouse Chess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to recommend Shadow Hunters. It's a 4-8 player game that's simple to learn, fast enough for the easily-distracted and has enough fighting to keep you interested.

There are 3 teams, Hunters,Shadows and Neutrals. The Hunters and Shadows are trying to eliminate each other. The Neutrals however, have their own agenda, whether it's collecting items, dying first or not dying to win.

In the game, you'll fight each other, collect items and figure identities. There's cards in the game that you will give to others and they will do an action based on what the card says if they are a certain team. Everyone has a unique ability, but to use them, people must reveal their team identity. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Shadow Hunters and The Castle of the Devil are both team games, although players have to first figure out which other players are on their team.

Couldn't the same be said about Werewolf?

4-player partnership Crokinole is excellent. Far better than any 4-player free-for-all variant I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.