United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want updates on when new polls are posted, or want to look at the results of prior polls, I have set up a subscription thread here = http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/328439 or http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/328439

Poll: The 63rd TGIF Poll
How many games do you own?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Less than 25
5.2% 18
26 - 50
8.7% 30
51 - 100
22.0% 76
101 - 150
18.0% 62
151 - 200
9.0% 31
201 - 250
7.8% 27
251 - 300
6.7% 23
301 - 350
6.4% 22
351 - 400
2.3% 8
401 - 450
1.2% 4
451 - 500
2.3% 8
501 - 550
1.2% 4
551 - 600
1.4% 5
601 - 650
1.7% 6
651 - 700
0.6% 2
701 - 750
0.9% 3
751 - 800
0.3% 1
801 - 850
0.3% 1
851 - 900
0.3% 1
901 - 950
0.3% 1
951 - 1000
0.9% 3
1001 or more
2.6% 9
Voters 345
If you were being totally honest with yourself, what percent of those games that you own are you unlikely to ever play (or ever play again for those you've already played at least once)?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
0%
5.8% 20
1 - 10%
35.0% 120
11 - 20%
17.8% 61
21 - 30%
13.7% 47
31 - 40%
4.7% 16
41 - 50%
6.4% 22
51 - 60%
6.4% 22
61 - 70%
4.7% 16
71 - 80%
2.9% 10
81 - 90%
1.7% 6
91 - 100%
0.9% 3
Voters 343
This poll is now closed.   345 answers
Poll created by Blott
Closes: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 am

3. This is a combination of a challenge with a question. The challenge is to find a game that you haven't played in at least 2 years and get it played as soon as possible. The question is...What game will this be for you?

Any discussion is encouraged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only game I've had for two years that I haven't played in that time frame is Malarky... and there's a reason I haven't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not going to commit myself, but we've been thinking about giving The Republic of Rome a retry, we haven't played that one this century.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
This past Tuesday I played Tigris & Euphrates for the first time in over 6 years! While it's one of my all-time favorites, it tends to get overshadowed by the shiny new games. I've got to get this game to the table more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally guessing. I haven't marked them all here on BGG, which puts my total at 380+. I'm puttin 401-450. Many I won't play again. They eventually get cycled out when I need room. I give them to friends or thrift stores. I gave my brother and his girlfriend 7 or 8 games last week just because.

Games are to share, even if you're not participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
3. This is a combination of a challenge with a question. The challenge is to find a game that you haven't played in at least 2 years and get it played as soon as possible. The question is...What game will this be for you?
White Bear & Red Moon - and as luck would have it, it's on my game table right now

In a bag, I'll grant you.

And it's been there a week or so...

And it's been there before within the last 2 years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Hix
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to bust out NASCAR Champions for the game I haven't played in at least two years. We've considered bringing it out, but then finally can find something else we all feel like playing.

I apparently need a bigger collection... O_o
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I "officially" own 333 games at this time. However, I probably have a few others that are just sitting in my garage sale pile that I never bothered to mark as owned on BGG.

2 - Since I'm actively trying to trade/sell over 20% of my games, and there are probably some more that just won't ever see table time again, I marked 31-40%.

3 - I'm making it my goal to get Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper back to the table. I really enjoy this twist on Rummy, but I haven't managed to play it in 3 or 4 years (since before I ever knew about BGG.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I voted in the 10-19% range for the second question, because I tend to go through my collection about once a year and purge out a lot of the games that either don't sound interesting anymore, or I don't want to play again. My problem with a lot of the games is that I'm not confident enough in my ability to learn and teach games to delve into the deeper games I own, but unfortunately, I'm also the only person who owns most of those games. It takes some perseverance and dedication, two characteristics for which I'm not most known.

As for games to play, I hope to play Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery at our next Saturday game day. Another player has asked me in the past to bring it, and I keep forgetting, since the box is too big to tote to Panera for our weekly sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll go with Dune...but I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleopatra and the Society of Architects is one I really should get back to the table.

I am pleased to say I played two games of Candamir: The First Settlers this past weekend which was easily over two years since last played. (Now, it's still not my favourite game, but it is a favourite for my brother-in-law.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
A couple of days ago I played a game (Trias) for the first time after owning a copy for more than two years.

I have a few long-owned games I'm trying to get played including: Kogge, City and Guilds, Die Siedler von Nürnberg, Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648, UR & Kaivai. Each has different factors that reduce the chances of getting it played - visual appearance, rules complexity (or clarity), number of players, playing time, even box size (Kaivai).

I'd be happy to get any of those played, but I'd also be happy playing other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:

It has been longer than I realized since I've played Stephenson's Rocket. I like the game, but it seems 4 player games don't hit the table as much. I need to bring it more often and make sure it is played one of these weeks/months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
rmartinc wrote:
It has been longer than I realized since I've played Stephenson's Rocket. I like the game, but it seems 4 player games don't hit the table as much. I need to bring it more often and make sure it is played one of these weeks/months

When you do, and if I'm there, you'll have at least one willing participant. I've only played it once, and I'm still convinced that we played it incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
By my count I currently own 336 games. I have played every single one of them at least once since the beginning of 2006, with 249 having been played since the beginning of last year.

Of the 35 I haven't played since 2006, I may put the extra effort into getting Auf Achse to the table this month. Just not on a Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally initiated my 'challenge-to-self' last month. I have an older set of games that I started rolling with - History of the World was a fun discovery. Machiavelli, Brittania or Colonial Diplomacy is up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you do this as a geeklist? (the 3rd part)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Did you do this as a geeklist? (the 3rd part)

I did something similar, but that didn't have a specific date range on it for the last time you played the game. Besides I got that game played, so I need a new challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm slightly concerned about the folks who think they won't play 81-90% of their games ever again. At least we don't have anyone voting for 91-100% yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
I'm slightly concerned about the folks who think they won't play 81-90% of their games ever again. At least we don't have anyone voting for 91-100% yet.

Well, I bet isamoor isn't in that group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to get rid of all my "peripheral" games when I moved out to Japan - all the charity shop stuff basically. Our parents got some (some they specifically wanted to keep like Escalado and Nasty Horseracing Game). The rest were piled up in our apartment and our friends could take what they wanted and the rest went back onto those dusty charity shelves.

So I was back down easily under 100 again. Which is good.

Anyway, some will rarely get play, at least while I'm out here. My wife is wary of trying Age of Napoleon which I really want to try again...Funny Friends needs a specific group of a decent size...She's not a big fan of rugby (unlucky Crash Tackle), Leader 1 won't do with 2 (nor will Breaking Away...or Um Reifenbreite) and a few other games I can see WILL get played but rely on gaming guests.

Still, it DOES mean that other games get to see the light of day after a long period of not being played. Guillotine plays two ok so we got that out for the first time in years and had a good time with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to say what the next oldie-becomes-new-again game will be. Playing the odds, it would likely be Mu, which I don't think I've played in the past two years. But while that game has a higher liklihood of being played before, say Venture, it's only something like 1% vs. 0.05% chance.

It really depends upon what gets played at the next game gettogether I attend.

Just this past weekend, I went to a mini-con (fewer than 30 people, so really little more than a game night for some folk). There, I played several games I've owned but not played yet. I also played several games that I had played in the distant past (including Monopoly).

So, when I go somewhere to game with seldom-seen people, I carry rarely played games and we'll play some of those. But what those games are depends on who I'll see and when I go and what I find on the shelf moments before I depart.

Since I don't have a game group (other than my wife), it's really too distant to project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I forgot the other parts
1 - BGG says I have something like 1000, and that's probably about right, but I just sold 100, so I went with the 950 range, since there are many games I never cataloged here (like those wooden puzzle games or RPGs)

2 - I went with 91-100%. I suspect that of all the games I own, I might realistically play 30-50 of them ever, including those I've already played that might come out again. I have a theory that 100 games is way more games than I (or probably anyone) ever needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
3. I'd have to go with BattleLore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I based my count excluding game expansions. With them I'd have 64 more.

I received Die Siedler von Catan: Das Buch zum Spielen for Christmas at least four years ago, and we finally played a variant on Wednesday. Earlier in the year I started a geeklist to challenge myself to have no unplayed games in my collection by the end of the year. I don't think it will happen, but hopefully I'll get close. It won't break my heart if some of the chum remains at a zero play count.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40079
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.