Subject: Banners to replace the boring ones for cultist. Enjoy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Head over to the official FFG forums thread for exact url to print from.Oh! And try to ignore the grey dots you are seeing inbetween the banners.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do Tzeentch's banners have a chicken on them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used this image for reference.No chicken I promise...though I could make fun of Tzeentch and call him cowardly like a chicken. His colors are blue and gold and purple/pink hues. If you played the online game you would see his magic is pink and turquoise energy mixed together.

Thanks for the compliment btw. After staying up all night for 14 hours, I don't expect a thanks anymore for giving people free labor. World is getting to used to communism I guess. Now my deeds just blend in and are taken for granted. Maybe my friends are right and I should stop giving people free things. Especially when I get critiqued on something that is my own personal project and I am not being graded or payed for doing it.

"Take what you get and don't throw a fit" that was what I was raised on lol.

If you didn't mean to come across as a smart ass then I apologize. I saw no compliment in your post just an insult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I thought it was a neat idea and might be something I would use if I start seeing more of my pieces getting broken.

My only "complaint" is I couldn't see the graphic that well because it was so small (assuming it is to be for scale). But it would be nice to see the detail. Perhaps upload it as a file or higher resolution graphic. Might avoid the chicken comments as well.

I saw this over at FFG and was glad you posted here so you could get a thumb from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkKami wrote:
I used this image for reference.No chicken I promise...though I could make fun of Tzeentch and call him cowardly like a chicken. His colors are blue and gold and purple/pink hues. If you played the online game you would see his magic is pink and turquoise energy mixed together.

Thanks for the compliment btw. After staying up all night for 14 hours, I don't expect a thanks anymore for giving people free labor. World is getting to used to communism I guess. Now my deeds just blend in and are taken for granted. Maybe my friends are right and I should stop giving people free things. Especially when I get critiqued on something that is my own personal project and I am not being graded or payed for doing it.

"Take what you get and don't throw a fit" that was what I was raised on lol.

If you didn't mean to come across as a smart ass then I apologize. I saw no compliment in your post just an insult.

Sorry! I certainly wasn't intending to be insulting - just thought it was funny that Tzeentch's icon looked like a chicken! I also know how it feels to have put a lot of work into something (and try four months over fourteen hours) and have the first comment come across as unconstructive criticism. In this case it certainly wasn't meant that way. If it means anything, I had the intention that if you replied to my "witty" remark, my next response would have been to compliment you on your work. If it weren't for the fact that I'm a lazy-arse SoB, I'd use them myself (I too am not entirely satisfied with the cultists' Staves of Drooping).

So anyway - no offence or criticism meant. And very good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:
(I too am not entirely satisfied with the cultists' Staves of Drooping).

You can fix that in like 5 minutes.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/437217
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now that I had a quick power nap I feel better. Sorry I was cranky...
Kinda ironic that I talk about not thanking me and yet I don't get say "you are welcome". Sorry for coming across as harsh. God I feel like an idiot now. (Note to self don't go to forums when cranky and tired).

Not to compete but I worked with White Wolf making the WoW RPG, for 3 years. I did not get proper credit. Luke instead had a weird way of thanking the "grunts" that did all the research for the game. Now it is all up on WoW Wiki copy and pasted. My friends are amazed I stil write articles for FFG and make contributions such as these banners for free. I like to think my life will turn around at some point with all this "intern" work. I work at a grocery store and do computer animation for free lance on my spare time. I live with my parents still because I can't make a stable pay to pay for car, house, and Full Sail University. My friends tell me I do it to myself by giving stuff away for free.

Full Sail did teach me how to survive harsh criticism, guess I am slouching on that or too tired to care.

BTW Brian you do have to have a good printer for this to come out right. The banners are not as small as you think. That being said I will upload the larger ones. If I still have the file. Since it was a personal project I think I merge layers and saved over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now that I look at the grey image I do see bird heads on the end. and I think its supose to be a 6 headed raven. Tzeentch deals with ravens. So good eye sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
(I too am not entirely satisfied with the cultists' Staves of Drooping).

You can fix that in like 5 minutes.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/437217

I did this with my figures. It worked like a charm. Still see some revert but another pass and they're good to go once more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DarkKami wrote:
Now that I look at the grey image I do see bird heads on the end. and I think its supose to be a 6 headed raven. Tzeentch deals with ravens. So good eye sir!

Hey, why DOES Tzeentch's banner look like a chicken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deeper question being "Which came first Tzeentch or the chicken?"

Questionable humor aside,thanks for the banners.Well done.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Hey, why DOES Tzeentch's banner look like a chicken?

To get to the other side!

Wait...I don't think that's quite right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they look great, but because they are so small I would go with a more basic motif for the Lord of Change logo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well the reason the lord of change banner has a warp like effect is to represent the banner constantly changing. True if it were another god I wouldnt have done that. Any way, my group that I play with likes it. They like the each has a different feel. Nurgle looks like flesh with a rusted border. Slannash appears to be gleaming and has a jeweled border. Tzeentch banner doesnt matter since it would constantly be warping to fit the needs of the troops situation or in the case of cultist the look required to sway the minds of the on lookers. Khorne has that emphasis on the gold and red and the skulls and his face.

Again, I did this for myself and my group. I am glad you guys like them. But unless its for a commission, I don't think I will be changing them. If you have an idea for a banner you would like send my a PM or email Dhanold@comcast.net I will create it and purposely shrink the pixel ratio then we can talk price if you want me to change the ratio to normal.

Sorry, but it takes a ton of time to do just one of these banners. Most of the time goes into the planing and finding reference material, so sending me reference by which to go off of reduces the price.

Thanks for all the comments glad you enjoy them. I am actually wishing I had saved the files before converting them so that I could blow them up and turn them into posters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BTW I really like how Khorne's is which is ironic cuz I am Slaanesh myself.
So for all you heretics of Khorne I whisper "blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne[/size]"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
iorek byrnison
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blut fer den blut gott!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.