Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, what is the role of geese in research?

My girlfriend suggested that geese feathers are used for writing on the paper, makes sense I guess, but what about ink?

Also, perhaps a less stupid question:
We've played two games so far, but didn't finish either due to time constraints. In both games, neither one of us contributed more than a couple bricks to The Wonder. It just didn't seem worthwhile. Consequently, we were both producing stocks around halfway through the game on our second play. Is that about right? It seemed like there was a lot of game left, with not much else to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The researchers like pâté.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
xxeyes wrote:
Feathers for quills to do research. Meat to feed the researchers sitting and thinking. Ink? I don't want to ask.

xxeyes wrote:
We've played two games so far, but didn't finish either due to time constraints. In both games, neither one of us contributed more than a couple bricks to The Wonder. It just didn't seem worthwhile. Consequently, we were both producing stocks around halfway through the game on our second play. Is that about right? It seemed like there was a lot of game left, with not much else to do...
Are you putting a white wonder brick on the wonder for every turn after the other players? That represents all the other people in the world contributing to the wonder. There are only 33 bricks, so 33 turns max, even if you do not hit the 2 player mark.

Another strategy is to build a Sawmill at home, and surround it with Woodcutters. Just bring in logs, convert to boards, and throw bricks at the wonder like there is no tomorrow! That, and have a geese breeding hex or two, and pile the geese on the wonder. With a Sawmill at home, 2-3 Woodcutters, and 1-2 geese pastures, you should be able to pump a lot onto the wonder if you got up to 5 donkeys first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
The researchers like pâté.

Spit take!

Ugh - breath mints up the nose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gische
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xxeyes wrote:

I'm going to guess that you were doing something wrong, because that seems awfully early to be actively producing stocks, even without wonder donations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
xxeyes wrote:
Feathers for quills to do research. Meat to feed the researchers sitting and thinking. Ink? I don't want to ask.

xxeyes wrote:
Are you putting a white wonder brick on the wonder for every turn after the other players? That represents all the other people in the world contributing to the wonder. There are only 33 bricks, so 33 turns max, even if you do not hit the 2 player mark.

Another strategy is to build a Sawmill at home, and surround it with Woodcutters. Just bring in logs, convert to boards, and throw bricks at the wonder like there is no tomorrow! That, and have a geese breeding hex or two, and pile the geese on the wonder. With a Sawmill at home, 2-3 Woodcutters, and 1-2 geese pastures, you should be able to pump a lot onto the wonder if you got up to 5 donkeys first.

Ah, thank you. Yes we were putting the white bricks on, but we thought you still had to reach the two-player mark. We were probably very near the end when we were producing stocks then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I always thought that it was goose fat to grease the wheels of original thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.