What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, BGG Secret Santa starts heating up around Halloween (late Oct) and starts sending out names around Thanksgiving (late November). Is that schedule right?

Is it too early to start cleaning up my wishlist? I like the giving part too, but I don't see much that I can do to plan ahead for that.

Let's have a poll!

Poll
Is it too early for 2009 BGG Secret Santa?
Jeez, football just started; lemme get some games under my belt first.
Thinking about Christmas in September? You're worse than Walmart!
I love BGG Secret Santa! It's a little early for my tastes though.
Heck yeah. Thanks for the reminder. I'll go update my wishlist right now.
Thinking about the taunting, microbadge, good-will, and spirit already.
Umm ... who cares?
      110 answers
Poll created by Dujo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited. My wife is nearly apoplectic. It's the one thing she lives for on BGG. She talks about it all year. The joy she gets in preparing her packages for shipping is beautiful to experience. Yes, hurry Christmas, don't be late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bought with Blood
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know i am a complete freak. but I have been thinking about BGG Secret Santa since last Christmas ended. I can't wait. I really am getting to the point where I would have a hard time doing Christmas without it.

Come on Secret Santa. I love You!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All My Hits Are Crits
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is never too early to get excited about new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Last year was my 1st year ... and 2 days after I signed up, I lost my job so I had to drop out. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot this year.

And of course, it won't be BGG Secret Santa anymore. GD Santa just doesn't have the same ring to it...and definitely sounds a bit naughty devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this year I'll skip Secret Santa, but will participate in the Xmas Card Exchange, and probably the wargame secret santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
I think this year I'll skip Secret Santa, but will participate in the Xmas Card Exchange, and probably the wargame secret santa.

I'll probably be in for the Secret Santa (first timer!), the Xmas card exchange (second year), and the PnP Secret Santa (My favorite! - second year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be contributing to Tom Vasel's global effort, and the NZ/AU Secret Santa. I might join in the PnP Secret Santa, too; but I only have access to B/W printing. Maybe if I colour it by hand...

My wishlist is soooooo ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone care to explain to a noob how Secret Santa works here on BGG? or point me to another forum where this is discussed?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van de Voorde
Belgium
Schoonaarde (Dendermonde)
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Have a Dikke Knuffel (A Big Hug for you non dutch speaking people :) )
badge
Stepping out on the road is a dangerous business. You have to keep your feet under you, or before you know it you'll be swept off to who knows where!
mbmbmb
I might participate for the first time this year.

Looking forward to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Heintz
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
historygamer89 wrote:
Would someone care to explain to a noob how Secret Santa works here on BGG? or point me to another forum where this is discussed?

Thanks!

I'm with him. I'm pretty new around here and this seems like something I would love to do. I love secret santa and nothing excites me more than helping others get new games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm down with this this year. Bring on the want list, baby!!! Woe be to the person I draw... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
In short...yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This year will be my first time as a secret santa. So you bet I'm excited.

I'm having problems with my wishlist, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I'd say 'now are you freakin' crazy?'

But, logistically it might not be. I had an international target last year and I tried to get it out ASAP. I ended up not having as much time as I normally take to stalk my target to learn about them AND it was still late to them.

I'd say we are talking the first or second week of December to send it out. One to get the gifts and one week AT LEAST to plan your gift. That puts the target name needing to be to you around Thanksgiving. So, who ever does it will need one or two weeks to organize the names, right? That puts it to somewhere around the early middle to beginning of November for the deadline. They normally leave sign up for about a month (think they did 6 weeks once didn't they?). That puts the announcement at new the beginning of October. Is Tom burned out on it? Did he get enough of the extra help he requested last year? Soooo.....

I'd say it's one to two weeks to early to talk about it. (Unless Tom has already stepped forwarded and all the volunteers and programmers have already met [by e-mail]) If they are already set then I call it 3 to 3 and a half weeks to early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wishlist is constantly updating. I might need to re-order a few things. But it's the giving/stalking/taunting part that I get really excited about. I hope my target this year is more responsive to my taunts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im with the several other noobs that want to know more info about the Secret Santa. How do you sign up what are the rules? Or if you could direct me to where i would find this information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is 2008 BGG Secret Santa thread

BGG Secret Santa

I haven't decided whether i'm gonna do it this year or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could get in a bulk buy of LCR - send that out and save lots of money. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas? Yes.

Is it too early to be hearing repetitive Christmas music every time you set foot outside of your house? Yes.

Is it too early to be thinking of Thanksgiving? Yes.

Is it too early to be thinking of Halloween? Yes.

Is it too early to be thinking of BGG Secret Santa?

Never!

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.