Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not super familiar with the WH40k universe, but the models look like they're specifically blood angels. Can these be painted with a different scheme, like Ultra Marines? I know, I know, they're my models, I can paint them whatever the hell I want, but I'm curious if it fits in the 40k genre or not to paint them differently?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The story is about Blood Angels, but it has no effect on the game as other marine chapters go onto hulks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
The models do have Blood Angel insignias on them though. (Winged blood drops,etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, strictly speaking, that sure looks to be how they're molded. A google search for "Space Marine Chapters" will bring up some official WH40K chapter names. Some are descended from the Blood Angels chapter and so could use a different scheme (though likely similar theme).

These figures have enough skulls that you could probably get away with painting a chapter that has the skull as part of its chapter heraldry.

If and when I get around to painting them, I'll probably go with a different chapter name and color palette.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
The models do have Blood Angel insignias on them though. (Winged blood drops,etc.)

That's my main question. With termies in the past, they were relatively neutral and you could paint whatever scheme you wanted on them. With these and all their "fluff", I wasn't sure if it would look good or not (or I guess I should say "appropriate") in a different color scheme...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
They're Blood Angels. They have the insignias of Blood Angels and the fluff of Blood Angels and I know some people got very huffy about the models because they said they wouldn't be able to use them in their 40k armies (unless they had a Blood Angels army, of course). So the answer is, I guess, you can paint them as Blood Angels, or you can invent a chapter which has a similar insignia scheme, or you can file off all the insignias and paint on new ones.

You can even leave them as-is, and paint them as Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, or whatever. But in that case expect hardcore fans to walk out in disgust
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 1: Blood Angels;
Option 2: Blood Angels Successor Chapter (there are a dozen of these, most use the same blood-drop icon with a different colour scheme);
Option 3: Shave off the Blood Angels icons with a sharp knife, paint then as whatever chapter you damn well like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Kubera
Poland
flag msg tools
Changing the chapter to another one might be a little bit tricky for an unexperienced modeller. However, it's still quite easy to remove the blood drops and exchange them for Dark Angels swords. It will basicly turn the models into Deathwing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.